[ALL] Confluence Wiki permissions - allow all Commons committers write access?

[ALL] Confluence Wiki permissions - allow all Commons committers write access?

sebb-2-2
Confluence supports LDAP member attributes only [1] currently.

This means we could automatically grant access to Commons committers.
However it's not currently possible to restrict access to PMC members
- but I'm not sure that we need that.

I propose to ask Infra to allow Commons committer write access to the Wiki.

Agreed?

[Administrators can always grant write access to individual
non-committers if that proves necessary.]

Sebb.
[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/33d84ab4720f56827895b9cac6743943c0bfe1af2f838cdab2a026d4@%3Cusers.infra.apache.org%3E

Re: [ALL] Confluence Wiki permissions - allow all Commons committers write access?

Rob Tompkins

> On Apr 17, 2019, at 11:16 AM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Confluence supports LDAP member attributes only [1] currently.
>
> This means we could automatically grant access to Commons committers.
> However it's not currently possible to restrict access to PMC members
> - but I'm not sure that we need that.
>
> I propose to ask Infra to allow Commons committer write access to the Wiki.
>
> Agreed?

+1

> [Administrators can always grant write access to individual
> non-committers if that proves necessary.]
>
> Sebb.
> [1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/33d84ab4720f56827895b9cac6743943c0bfe1af2f838cdab2a026d4@%3Cusers.infra.apache.org%3E

Re: [ALL] Confluence Wiki permissions - allow all Commons committers write access?

Sounds reasonable.

Gary