[ALL][DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for June 2019

[ALL][DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for June 2019

 - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
   Java components.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Activity is good with the release of 8 components.

## Health report:
 - While we previously reported migration of all active components that
   remained in Subversion to GitBox, we still have a few clean ups to do.
 - The project is healthy and has welcomed a new PMC member.
 - We are continuing to improve the release process by updating our Maven
   plugins.
 - Mailing activity is good and JIRAs and GitHub PRs are addressed in a
   timely manner for most components.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 39 PMC members.
 - Alex Herbert was added to the PMC on Thu May 09 2019

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 148 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Alex Herbert at Wed Jan 30 2019

## Releases:

 - BCEL-6.3.1 was released on Sat Mar 23 2019
 - BUILD-PLUGIN-1.10 was released on Wed Mar 13 2019
 - CONFIGURATION-2.5 was released on Sun May 26 2019
 - CSV-1.7 was released on Tue Jun 04 2019
 - IMAGING-1.0-alpha1 was released on Wed May 01 2019
 - LANG-3.9 was released on Sat Apr 13 2019
 - PARENT-48 was released on Tue Mar 26 2019
 - POOL-2.6.2 was released on Wed Apr 10 2019

## JIRA activity:

Re: [ALL][DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for June 2019

James Carman
Should we mention the issues with SCXML2?

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:25 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
>    Java components.
>
> ## Issues:
>  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
>  - Activity is good with the release of 8 components.
>
> ## Health report:
>  - While we previously reported migration of all active components that
>    remained in Subversion to GitBox, we still have a few clean ups to do.
>  - The project is healthy and has welcomed a new PMC member.
>  - We are continuing to improve the release process by updating our Maven
>    plugins.
>  - Mailing activity is good and JIRAs and GitHub PRs are addressed in a
>    timely manner for most components.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>
>  - Currently 39 PMC members.
>  - Alex Herbert was added to the PMC on Thu May 09 2019
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>
>  - Currently 148 committers.
>  - No new committers added in the last 3 months
>  - Last committer addition was Alex Herbert at Wed Jan 30 2019
>
> ## Releases:
>
>  - BCEL-6.3.1 was released on Sat Mar 23 2019
>  - BUILD-PLUGIN-1.10 was released on Wed Mar 13 2019
>  - CONFIGURATION-2.5 was released on Sun May 26 2019
>  - CSV-1.7 was released on Tue Jun 04 2019
>  - IMAGING-1.0-alpha1 was released on Wed May 01 2019
>  - LANG-3.9 was released on Sat Apr 13 2019
>  - PARENT-48 was released on Tue Mar 26 2019
>  - POOL-2.6.2 was released on Wed Apr 10 2019
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>
>  - 214 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>  - 174 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: [ALL][DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for June 2019

garydgregory
On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:30 AM James Carman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Should we mention the issues with SCXML2?

Hi James,

Would you care to be more specific? What text would you include?

Gary

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:25 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>

> >  - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
> >    Java components.
> >
> > ## Issues:
> >  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
> >
> > ## Activity:
> >  - Activity is good with the release of 8 components.
> >
> > ## Health report:
> >  - While we previously reported migration of all active components that
> >    remained in Subversion to GitBox, we still have a few clean ups to do.
> >  - The project is healthy and has welcomed a new PMC member.
> >  - We are continuing to improve the release process by updating our Maven
> >    plugins.
> >  - Mailing activity is good and JIRAs and GitHub PRs are addressed in a
> >    timely manner for most components.
> >
> > ## PMC changes:
> >
> >  - Currently 39 PMC members.
> >  - Alex Herbert was added to the PMC on Thu May 09 2019
> >
> > ## Committer base changes:
> >
> >  - Currently 148 committers.
> >  - No new committers added in the last 3 months
> >  - Last committer addition was Alex Herbert at Wed Jan 30 2019
> >
> > ## Releases:
> >
> >  - BCEL-6.3.1 was released on Sat Mar 23 2019
> >  - BUILD-PLUGIN-1.10 was released on Wed Mar 13 2019
> >  - CONFIGURATION-2.5 was released on Sun May 26 2019
> >  - CSV-1.7 was released on Tue Jun 04 2019
> >  - IMAGING-1.0-alpha1 was released on Wed May 01 2019
> >  - LANG-3.9 was released on Sat Apr 13 2019
> >  - PARENT-48 was released on Tue Mar 26 2019
> >  - POOL-2.6.2 was released on Wed Apr 10 2019
> >
> > ## JIRA activity:
> >
> >  - 214 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> >  - 174 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: [ALL][DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for June 2019

James Carman
SCXML seems to have stalled quite a bit.  I’m not trying to throw shade or
anything.  People get busy and just don’t have time for open source work.
There have been quite a few folks inquiring about it as of lately, but not
a ton of traction.  My colleagues at work are interested in using it, so
I’ve encouraged them to contribute upstream and help out.  If a regular
project was in this sort of trouble, the PMC would want to report it.  Do
we need to do the same for our sub modules?

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:33 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:30 AM James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Should we mention the issues with SCXML2?
> >

> Hi James,
>
> Would you care to be more specific? What text would you include?
>
> Gary
>

> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:25 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:

> > >  - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of
> reusable
> > >    Java components.
> > >
> > > ## Issues:
> > >  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
> > >
> > > ## Activity:
> > >  - Activity is good with the release of 8 components.
> > >
> > > ## Health report:
> > >  - While we previously reported migration of all active components that
> > >    remained in Subversion to GitBox, we still have a few clean ups to
> do.
> > >  - The project is healthy and has welcomed a new PMC member.
> > >  - We are continuing to improve the release process by updating our
> Maven
> > >    plugins.
> > >  - Mailing activity is good and JIRAs and GitHub PRs are addressed in a
> > >    timely manner for most components.
> > >
> > > ## PMC changes:
> > >
> > >  - Currently 39 PMC members.
> > >  - Alex Herbert was added to the PMC on Thu May 09 2019
> > >
> > > ## Committer base changes:
> > >
> > >  - Currently 148 committers.
> > >  - No new committers added in the last 3 months
> > >  - Last committer addition was Alex Herbert at Wed Jan 30 2019
> > >
> > > ## Releases:
> > >
> > >  - BCEL-6.3.1 was released on Sat Mar 23 2019
> > >  - BUILD-PLUGIN-1.10 was released on Wed Mar 13 2019
> > >  - CONFIGURATION-2.5 was released on Sun May 26 2019
> > >  - CSV-1.7 was released on Tue Jun 04 2019
> > >  - IMAGING-1.0-alpha1 was released on Wed May 01 2019
> > >  - LANG-3.9 was released on Sat Apr 13 2019
> > >  - PARENT-48 was released on Tue Mar 26 2019
> > >  - POOL-2.6.2 was released on Wed Apr 10 2019
> > >
> > > ## JIRA activity:
> > >
> > >  - 214 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> > >  - 174 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Gary

Re: [ALL][DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for June 2019

garydgregory
On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:51 AM James Carman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> SCXML seems to have stalled quite a bit.  I’m not trying to throw shade or
> anything.  People get busy and just don’t have time for open source work.
> There have been quite a few folks inquiring about it as of lately, but not
> a ton of traction.  My colleagues at work are interested in using it, so
> I’ve encouraged them to contribute upstream and help out.  If a regular
> project was in this sort of trouble, the PMC would want to report it.  Do
> we need to do the same for our sub modules?

Well, the state of SCXML is not unlike some of our other 42 components. I
do not think we want a health report on each.

Gary

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:33 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:30 AM James Carman <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Should we mention the issues with SCXML2?
> > >

> > Hi James,
> >
> > Would you care to be more specific? What text would you include?
> >
> > Gary

> > reusable

> that
> > do.
> > Maven
> in a

Re: [ALL][DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for June 2019

James Carman
Fair enough.  And very good point.  It only came to mind for me, because of
the work stuff.  Thanks

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:09 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:51 AM James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > SCXML seems to have stalled quite a bit.  I’m not trying to throw shade
> or
> > anything.  People get busy and just don’t have time for open source work.
> > There have been quite a few folks inquiring about it as of lately, but
> not
> > a ton of traction.  My colleagues at work are interested in using it, so
> > I’ve encouraged them to contribute upstream and help out.  If a regular
> > project was in this sort of trouble, the PMC would want to report it.  Do
> > we need to do the same for our sub modules?
> >

> Well, the state of SCXML is not unlike some of our other 42 components. I
> do not think we want a health report on each.
>
> Gary
>

> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:33 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:30 AM James Carman <
> [hidden email]

> > > Hi James,
> > >
> > > Would you care to be more specific? What text would you include?
> > >
> > > Gary

> > > reusable

> > that
> > > do.
> > > Maven
> > in a

Re: [ALL][DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for June 2019

garydgregory
On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:20 PM James Carman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Fair enough.  And very good point.  It only came to mind for me, because of
> the work stuff.  Thanks

YW. I will post to board@ later today.

Gary

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:09 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:51 AM James Carman <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > SCXML seems to have stalled quite a bit.  I’m not trying to throw shade
> > or
> > > anything.  People get busy and just don’t have time for open source
> work.
> > > There have been quite a few folks inquiring about it as of lately, but
> > not
> > > a ton of traction.  My colleagues at work are interested in using it,
> so
> > > I’ve encouraged them to contribute upstream and help out.  If a regular
> > > project was in this sort of trouble, the PMC would want to report it.
> Do
> > > we need to do the same for our sub modules?
> > >

> > Well, the state of SCXML is not unlike some of our other 42 components. I
> > do not think we want a health report on each.
> >
> > Gary

> > [hidden email]

> [hidden email]

> components
> > > that
> ups
> our
> addressed
> > > in a

Re: [ALL][DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for June 2019

Rob Tompkins

> On Jun 14, 2019, at 7:48 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:20 PM James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Fair enough.  And very good point.  It only came to mind for me, because of
>> the work stuff.  Thanks
>>

> YW. I will post to board@ later today.

Generally many thanks for keeping this up.

-Rob

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 8:47 PM Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Jun 14, 2019, at 7:48 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:20 PM James Carman <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Fair enough.  And very good point.  It only came to mind for me,
> because of
> >> the work stuff.  Thanks
> >>

> > YW. I will post to board@ later today.
>
> Generally many thanks for keeping this up.

YW. I submitted the report this morning.

Gary