[ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.0 released!

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.0 released!

Rob Tompkins-2
The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Commons Text 1.0.

The Apache Commons Text open source software library provides a host of
algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.

Notes.
(a) In 1.0 the package names are the expected "org.apache.commons.text.*";
   whereas, in 1.0-beta-1 they were "org.apache.commons.text.beta.*."
(b) The source and binary distributions' RELEASE-NOTES.txt contains a
   typographical error on line 29, where "1.0-beta-1" should be replaced
   by "1.0." We have fixed this in all locations other than inside the
   distributions.

Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
Commons download site:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
the above location when downloading the release.

Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>

The corrected release notes can be reviewed at:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/text/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

For complete information on Commons Text, including instructions on how to
submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
Commons Text website:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/

Best regards,
Rob Tompkins
on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.0 released!

Benedikt Ritter-4
Kudos to Rob for getting this release out of the door!

> Am 13.03.2017 um 13:27 schrieb Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]>:
>
> The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
> Apache Commons Text 1.0.
>
> The Apache Commons Text open source software library provides a host of
> algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.
>
> Notes.
> (a) In 1.0 the package names are the expected "org.apache.commons.text.*";
>   whereas, in 1.0-beta-1 they were "org.apache.commons.text.beta.*."
> (b) The source and binary distributions' RELEASE-NOTES.txt contains a
>   typographical error on line 29, where "1.0-beta-1" should be replaced
>   by "1.0." We have fixed this in all locations other than inside the
>   distributions.
>
> Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
> Commons download site:
>  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi
>
> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
> the above location when downloading the release.
>
> Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
>  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>  <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
>  <version>1.0</version>
>
> The corrected release notes can be reviewed at:
>  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/text/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> For complete information on Commons Text, including instructions on how to
> submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
> Commons Text website:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/
>
> Best regards,
> Rob Tompkins
> on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.0 released!

Bruno P. Kinoshita-3
Indeed! Impressive work. Thanks a lot Rob! Time to have fun using some edit distances now :-)

________________________________

On Mar 13, 2017 6:55 PM, "Benedikt Ritter" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Kudos to Rob for getting this release out of the door!
>
> > Am 13.03.2017 um 13:27 schrieb Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
> > Apache Commons Text 1.0.
> >
> > The Apache Commons Text open source software library provides a host of
> > algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.
> >
> > Notes.
> > (a) In 1.0 the package names are the expected
> "org.apache.commons.text.*";
> >   whereas, in 1.0-beta-1 they were "org.apache.commons.text.beta.*."
> > (b) The source and binary distributions' RELEASE-NOTES.txt contains a
> >   typographical error on line 29, where "1.0-beta-1" should be replaced
> >   by "1.0." We have fixed this in all locations other than inside the
> >   distributions.
> >
> > Source and binary distributions are available for download from the
> Apache
> > Commons download site:
> >  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi
> >
> > When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available
> at
> > the above location when downloading the release.
> >
> > Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
> >  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
> >  <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
> >  <version>1.0</version>
> >
> > The corrected release notes can be reviewed at:
> >  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/text/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
> >
> > For complete information on Commons Text, including instructions on how
> > submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the
> Apache
> > Commons Text website:
> >
> > http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Rob Tompkins
> > on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.0 released!

Rob Tompkins-2
Thanks. Honestly, my (our) success here is directly tied to the encouragement and support of everyone in the community.

-Rob