[ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.1 released.

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.1 released.

Rob Tompkins-2
The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Commons Text 1.1.

The Apache Commons Text open source software library provides a host of
algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.

Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
Commons download site:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
the above location when downloading the release.

Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
  <version>1.1</version>

The release notes can be reviewed at:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/text/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

For complete information on Commons Text, including instructions on how to
submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
Commons Text website:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/

Best regards,
Rob Tompkins
on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.1 released.

Pascal Schumacher
Hi Rob,

great news. :=)

Thank you very much for being the release manager!

Cheers,
Pascal

Am 24.05.2017 um 16:47 schrieb Rob Tompkins:

> The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
> Apache Commons Text 1.1.
>
> The Apache Commons Text open source software library provides a host of
> algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.
>
> Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
> Commons download site:
>    http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi
>
> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
> the above location when downloading the release.
>
> Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
>    <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>    <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
>    <version>1.1</version>
>
> The release notes can be reviewed at:
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/text/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> For complete information on Commons Text, including instructions on how to
> submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
> Commons Text website:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/
>
> Best regards,
> Rob Tompkins
> on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.1 released.

Rob Tompkins

> On May 25, 2017, at 6:31 AM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> great news. :=)
>
> Thank you very much for being the release manager!

No worries. Thanks for helping with the code.  :-)

-Rob

> Cheers,
> Pascal
>
>> Am 24.05.2017 um 16:47 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
>> The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
>> Apache Commons Text 1.1.
>>
>> The Apache Commons Text open source software library provides a host of
>> algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.
>>
>> Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
>> Commons download site:
>>   http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi
>>
>> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
>> the above location when downloading the release.
>>
>> Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
>>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>   <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
>>   <version>1.1</version>
>>
>> The release notes can be reviewed at:
>>   http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/text/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>
>> For complete information on Commons Text, including instructions on how to
>> submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
>> Commons Text website:
>>
>> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Rob Tompkins
>> on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.1 released.

Pascal Schumacher
Seems like something went wrong with the javadoc update:

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/javadocs/api-release/

"All Classes" displays the new classes like WordUtils and
RandomStringGenerator, but when I click on the links I get:

"The requested URL
/proper/commons-text/javadocs/api-release/org/apache/commons/text/RandomStringGenerator.html
was not found on this server."

Am 24.05.2017 um 16:47 schrieb Rob Tompkins:

> The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
> Apache Commons Text 1.1.
>
> The Apache Commons Text open source software library provides a host of
> algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.
>
> Source and binary distributions are available for download from the
> Apache
> Commons download site:
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi
>
> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file
> available at
> the above location when downloading the release.
>
> Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
>    <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>    <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
>    <version>1.1</version>
>
> The release notes can be reviewed at:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/text/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> For complete information on Commons Text, including instructions on
> how to
> submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the
> Apache
> Commons Text website:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/
>
> Best regards,
> Rob Tompkins
> on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.1 released.

Rob Tompkins

> On May 25, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Seems like something went wrong with the javadoc update:
>
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/javadocs/api-release/
>
> "All Classes" displays the new classes like WordUtils and RandomStringGenerator, but when I click on the links I get:
>
> "The requested URL /proper/commons-text/javadocs/api-release/org/apache/commons/text/RandomStringGenerator.html was not found on this server."

Agreed. Thanks for that catch. I'll fix that right now.

>> Am 24.05.2017 um 16:47 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
>> The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
>> Apache Commons Text 1.1.
>>
>> The Apache Commons Text open source software library provides a host of
>> algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.
>>
>> Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
>> Commons download site:
>> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi
>>
>> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
>> the above location when downloading the release.
>>
>> Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
>>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>   <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
>>   <version>1.1</version>
>>
>> The release notes can be reviewed at:
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/text/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>
>> For complete information on Commons Text, including instructions on how to
>> submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
>> Commons Text website:
>>
>> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Rob Tompkins
>> on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.1 released.

Rob Tompkins

> On May 25, 2017, at 8:32 AM, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On May 25, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Seems like something went wrong with the javadoc update:
>>
>> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/javadocs/api-release/
>>
>> "All Classes" displays the new classes like WordUtils and RandomStringGenerator, but when I click on the links I get:
>>
>> "The requested URL /proper/commons-text/javadocs/api-release/org/apache/commons/text/RandomStringGenerator.html was not found on this server."
>>

> Agreed. Thanks for that catch. I'll fix that right now.

Fixed, but check behind me on that.

Am 25.05.2017 um 14:41 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> Fixed, but check behind me on that.

Works fine now. :=) Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Pascal