[ANNOUNCE] Commons Collections 3.2 released

[ANNOUNCE] Commons Collections 3.2 released

Stephen Colebourne
The Commons Collections team is pleased to announce the release of
commons-collections-3.2.

Commons Collections is a library that builds upon the Java Collection
Framework. It provides additional Map, List and Set implementations and
utilities. It also builds on the framework by providing new interfaces
and implementations.

This release fixes numerous bugs, and adds a limited number of
enhancements, including:
- MultiValueMap - A flexible MultiMap implementation
- DefaultedMap - A map that returns a default value when the key is not
found
- GrowthList - A list where set and add expand the list rather than
throw IndexOutOfBoundsException
- LoopingListIterator - A never-ending list iterator
- CollectionUtils.addIgnoreNull - Adds to the collection if the value
being added is not null
- isEmpty - Checks maps and collections for empty or null
- BlockingBuffer - Add timeout handling to any buffer implementation
- ListOrderedMap - additional list-style methods

This release is binary and source compatible with 3.1 according to our
tests. There are two new deprecations, see the release notes for
details. We recommend all users of commons-collections to upgrade to 3.2
to pickup the bug fixes.

Commons Collections Website:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/

Release notes:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/release_3_2.html

Download:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-collections.cgi

Enjoy!
The Commons Collections Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commons Collections 3.2 released

Wendy Smoak
On 5/15/06, Stephen Colebourne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Commons Collections team is pleased to announce the release of
> commons-collections-3.2.

I see it in dist/java-repository, but the jar for Collections 3.2
hasn't been added to ibiblio yet:
   http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/commons-collections/commons-collections/

Can someone please check on it?

Wendy

--- Wendy Smoak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5/15/06, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
>
> > The Commons Collections team is pleased to
> announce the release of
> > commons-collections-3.2.
>
> I see it in dist/java-repository, but the jar for
> Collections 3.2
> hasn't been added to ibiblio yet:

According to Hen:

The rsync between the ASF (and other places) and
iBiblio is down since Codehaus had problems. No idea
on the eta for it come back unfortunately.

Stephen