[ANNOUNCE] Commons Transaction 1.1 final released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANNOUNCE] Commons Transaction 1.1 final released

Oliver Zeigermann
The Commons Community is proud to announce the final release of
Commons Transaction 1.1.

Commons Transaction provides utility classes commonly used in transactional
Java programming.

Version 1.1 aims at polishing (interface) oddities, improving
locking and making the file store more flexible. Locking now is much more
flexible, extensible and allows for rudimentary transaction management. There
is a new lock manager that hides locks from the user and keeps track
of all of them
allowing for deadlock detection and more convenient management.

Download page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/downloads.html

Project website:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/

Release notes:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/transaction/tags/TRANSACTION_1_1_FINAL_RELEASE/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Oliver

(on behalf of the Commons Community)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commons Transaction 1.1 final released

Catalin Grigoroscuta
Great stuff, guys! Congratulations!

Any plans to implement a JTA resource adapter for files, to allow the
participation in distributed transactions, for the near future?

Regards,
Catalin

Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

>The Commons Community is proud to announce the final release of
>Commons Transaction 1.1.
>
>Commons Transaction provides utility classes commonly used in transactional
>Java programming.
>
>Version 1.1 aims at polishing (interface) oddities, improving
>locking and making the file store more flexible. Locking now is much more
>flexible, extensible and allows for rudimentary transaction management. There
>is a new lock manager that hides locks from the user and keeps track
>of all of them
>allowing for deadlock detection and more convenient management.
>
>Download page:
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/downloads.html
>
>Project website:
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/
>
>Release notes:
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/transaction/tags/TRANSACTION_1_1_FINAL_RELEASE/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
>Oliver
>
>(on behalf of the Commons Community)
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>
>  
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commons Transaction 1.1 final released

Oliver Zeigermann
This is a request that came up some time ago as well and it really
makes some sense (although the tx file system can not really handle
2PC). So, if you have a contribution for that it will certainly
considered for inclusion :)

Oliver

On 6/3/05, Catalin Grigoroscuta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great stuff, guys! Congratulations!
>
> Any plans to implement a JTA resource adapter for files, to allow the
> participation in distributed transactions, for the near future?
>
> Regards,
> Catalin
>
> Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
>
> >The Commons Community is proud to announce the final release of
> >Commons Transaction 1.1.
> >
> >Commons Transaction provides utility classes commonly used in transactional
> >Java programming.
> >
> >Version 1.1 aims at polishing (interface) oddities, improving
> >locking and making the file store more flexible. Locking now is much more
> >flexible, extensible and allows for rudimentary transaction management. There
> >is a new lock manager that hides locks from the user and keeps track
> >of all of them
> >allowing for deadlock detection and more convenient management.
> >
> >Download page:
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/downloads.html
> >
> >Project website:
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/
> >
> >Release notes:
> >http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/transaction/tags/TRANSACTION_1_1_FINAL_RELEASE/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
> >
> >Oliver
> >
> >(on behalf of the Commons Community)
> >
> >---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commons Transaction 1.1 final released

David J. M. Karlsen
In reply to this post by Oliver Zeigermann
Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> The Commons Community is proud to announce the final release of
> Commons Transaction 1.1.
>
> Commons Transaction provides utility classes commonly used in transactional
> Java programming.

The files within the .zip archive should reside inside a
commons-transaction-1.1 directory for easier distribution.

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com
http://mp3.davidkarlsen.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commons Transaction 1.1 final released

Oliver Zeigermann
Ooops, you are right (same thing with the tgz). I will be more careful
in the next release.

Thanks for reporting and cheers

Oliver

On 6/15/05, David J. M. Karlsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> > The Commons Community is proud to announce the final release of
> > Commons Transaction 1.1.
> >
> > Commons Transaction provides utility classes commonly used in transactional
> > Java programming.
>
> The files within the .zip archive should reside inside a
> commons-transaction-1.1 directory for easier distribution.
>
> --
> David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
> http://www.davidkarlsen.com
> http://mp3.davidkarlsen.com
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]