Adding logging to DBUTILS

kpowerinfinity
Hi,

We are using DbUtils for a number of our projects, and were wondering
if there is a way to attach a logger instance to the QueryRunner so
that the queries being executed can be logged for debugging purpose. I
have been trying to explore the JavaDoc but to no avail. In case this
is not supported out of the box, is there a way to extend the
QueryRunner and add this hook somehow?

Will appreciate if somebody can guide us to some relevant Documentation.

Best, Krishna

--
http://kpowerinfinity.wordpress.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kpowerinfinity

Re: Adding logging to DBUTILS

Henri Yandell
P6Spy would be the method I use here. It's a debugging driver wrapper
that you would put between DbUtils and your database driver.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:32 AM, kpowerinfinity <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using DbUtils for a number of our projects, and were wondering
> if there is a way to attach a logger instance to the QueryRunner so
> that the queries being executed can be logged for debugging purpose. I
> have been trying to explore the JavaDoc but to no avail. In case this
> is not supported out of the box, is there a way to extend the
> QueryRunner and add this hook somehow?
>
> Will appreciate if somebody can guide us to some relevant Documentation.
>
> Best, Krishna
>
> --
> http://kpowerinfinity.wordpress.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/kpowerinfinity

Re: Adding logging to DBUTILS

kpowerinfinity
Thanks Henri,

This looks good.

The only concern is DbUtils and P6Spy are both quite a while old.
There doesn't seem to be any active development in the community. Are
there any other alternatives people are using?

Best, Krishna.
--

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> P6Spy would be the method I use here. It's a debugging driver wrapper
> that you would put between DbUtils and your database driver.
>
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:32 AM, kpowerinfinity <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are using DbUtils for a number of our projects, and were wondering
>> if there is a way to attach a logger instance to the QueryRunner so
>> that the queries being executed can be logged for debugging purpose. I
>> have been trying to explore the JavaDoc but to no avail. In case this
>> is not supported out of the box, is there a way to extend the
>> QueryRunner and add this hook somehow?
>>
>> Will appreciate if somebody can guide us to some relevant Documentation.
>>
>> Best, Krishna
>>
>> --
>> http://kpowerinfinity.wordpress.com
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/kpowerinfinity

Re: Adding logging to DBUTILS

christian
Hello,

there is also Elvyx which provides something similar to P6SPY (though
I've never used P6Spy):

http://www.elvyx.com/

hth,
best regards,