[All][Math] "Commons Geometry": first step?

[All][Math] "Commons Geometry": first step?

Gilles Sadowski
Hello.

Any objection to requesting a "git" repository for
initiating work on a "Commons Geometry" component?

IIUC, Gimhana (GSoC participant) has some free time;
the porting work is much easier due to the few
cross-dependencies between "o.a.c.math4.geometry"
package and other parts of Commons Math.[1]
Helping with this will hopefully get him acquainted
with the environment (maven, git, Jenkins, Travis).
Hence this part will be out of the way if/when tackling
"Commons Statistics" and its design issues.

Matt Juntunen,
Ready to drive the work on "Commons Geometry"? :-)

Best regards,
Gilles

[1] Cf. ML archive for past discussions.

Re: [All][Math] "Commons Geometry": first step?

garydgregory
Go for it.

Gary

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018, 13:11 Gilles <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Any objection to requesting a "git" repository for
> initiating work on a "Commons Geometry" component?
>
> IIUC, Gimhana (GSoC participant) has some free time;
> the porting work is much easier due to the few
> cross-dependencies between "o.a.c.math4.geometry"
> package and other parts of Commons Math.[1]
> Helping with this will hopefully get him acquainted
> with the environment (maven, git, Jenkins, Travis).
> Hence this part will be out of the way if/when tackling
> "Commons Statistics" and its design issues.
>
> Matt Juntunen,
> Ready to drive the work on "Commons Geometry"? :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Gilles
>
> [1] Cf. ML archive for past discussions.

Re: [All][Math] "Commons Geometry": first step?

Matt Juntunen
Sorry, Gilles, I just now saw this. Yes, I'd like to help with this. Is there a git repo yet? Should I make one on github?

Thanks,
Matt
________________________________
On Mon, Mar 19, 2018, 13:11 Gilles <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Any objection to requesting a "git" repository for
> initiating work on a "Commons Geometry" component?
>
> IIUC, Gimhana (GSoC participant) has some free time;
> the porting work is much easier due to the few
> cross-dependencies between "o.a.c.math4.geometry"
> package and other parts of Commons Math.[1]
> Helping with this will hopefully get him acquainted
> with the environment (maven, git, Jenkins, Travis).
> Hence this part will be out of the way if/when tackling
> "Commons Statistics" and its design issues.
>
> Matt Juntunen,
> Ready to drive the work on "Commons Geometry"? :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Gilles
>
> [1] Cf. ML archive for past discussions.

Re: [All][Math] "Commons Geometry": first step?

jochen-2
On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 3:17 AM, Matt Juntunen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Should I make one on github?

Whatever the response: *Please*, do never create source code
repositories, forums, build jobs, or the like, on external servers. At
least not, without prior acknowledgement by Apache Infra.

I am aware, that there are ASF projects on Github, but these are
created by Infra, and are only mirrors.

Jochen

On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:34:56 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 3:17 AM, Matt Juntunen
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Should I make one on github?

A repository is available:
   https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-geometry.git

On Mon, 02 Apr 2018 13:52:32 +0200, Gilles wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:34:56 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 3:17 AM, Matt Juntunen
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Should I make one on github?
>
> A repository is available:
>   https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-geometry.git