Apache Code of Conduct

Niall Pemberton
Hi,

Apache has a "Code of Conduct" here:
    http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html

I think we should include a link to it on the Commons Site - does anyone
object to that?

Thanks

Niall

Re: Apache Code of Conduct

garydgregory
On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Niall Pemberton <[hidden email]>

> Apache has a "Code of Conduct" here:
>     http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html
>
> I think we should include a link to it on the Commons Site - does anyone
> object to that?

No objection, could it go under "GENERAL INFORMATION" or under the stock
"ASF" we pick up?

Gary

--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Apache Code of Conduct

Niall Pemberton
On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 12:56 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Niall Pemberton <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Apache has a "Code of Conduct" here:
> >     http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html
> >
> > I think we should include a link to it on the Commons Site - does anyone
> > object to that?
> >

> No objection, could it go under "GENERAL INFORMATION" or under the stock
> "ASF" we pick up?

Yes, my preference would be under "ASF" as its an foundation doc/policy,

Niall

> Gary
>

> > Thanks
> >
> > Niall

> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Apache Code of Conduct

garydgregory
On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Niall Pemberton <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 12:56 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Niall Pemberton <
> [hidden email]
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Apache has a "Code of Conduct" here:
> > >     http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html
> > >
> > > I think we should include a link to it on the Commons Site - does
> anyone
> > > object to that?
> > >

> > No objection, could it go under "GENERAL INFORMATION" or under the stock
> > "ASF" we pick up?
> >

> Yes, my preference would be under "ASF" as its an foundation doc/policy,

That's my preference as well.

Gary

Home: http://garygregory.com/

Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> schrieb am So., 5. Juni 2016 um 03:04:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Niall Pemberton <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 12:56 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Niall Pemberton <
> > [hidden email]

> > anyone
> > > >

> > > No objection, could it go under "GENERAL INFORMATION" or under the
> stock
> > > "ASF" we pick up?
> > >

> > Yes, my preference would be under "ASF" as its an foundation doc/policy,
> >

> That's my preference as well.
>
> Gary
>

> > Niall
> >

> > > Gary

> > > --
> > > E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
> > > Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
> > > <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> > > JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
> > > Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
> > > Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> > > Home: http://garygregory.com/
> > > Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Apache Code of Conduct

Stian Soiland-Reyes
+1, showing the Code of Conduct is important also to encourage
contributions and engagement from underrepresented groups.
On 5 Jun 2016 8:47 a.m., "Benedikt Ritter" <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1

Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> schrieb am So., 5. Juni 2016 um 03:04:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Niall Pemberton <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 12:56 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Niall Pemberton <
> > [hidden email]

> > anyone
> > > >

> > > No objection, could it go under "GENERAL INFORMATION" or under the
> stock
> > > "ASF" we pick up?
> > >

> > Yes, my preference would be under "ASF" as its an foundation doc/policy,
> >

> That's my preference as well.
>
> Gary
>

> > Niall
> >

> > > Gary

> > > --
> > > E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
> > > Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
> > > <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> > > JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
> > > Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
> > > Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> > > Home: http://garygregory.com/
> > > Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Apache Code of Conduct

James Carman
No, only if it is *enforced* will people start to feel safe and throw out
their new ideas. The trick is making people aware that poor behavior won't
be tolerated. Enforcement starts with the community stepping in and saying
"now, that was uncalled for" or "we do not allow personal attacks" or
whatever. Admittedly, we haven't done a good job of this in the past. I'm
all for having this Code of Conduct prominently displayed, but we have to
come together as a community and make it known that it is going to be
observed.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 5:28 AM Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1, showing the Code of Conduct is important also to encourage
> contributions and engagement from underrepresented groups.
> On 5 Jun 2016 8:47 a.m., "Benedikt Ritter" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> schrieb am So., 5. Juni 2016 um
> 03:04:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Niall Pemberton <
> [hidden email]
> > >
> > wrote:

> > > [hidden email]

> > > anyone

> > stock
> > > >

> > > Yes, my preference would be under "ASF" as its an foundation
> doc/policy,
> > >

> > That's my preference as well.
> >
> > Gary
> >

> > > Niall

> > --
> > E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
> > <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> > Home: http://garygregory.com/

Re: Apache Code of Conduct

Harsh Kumar
Well thanks !  I am new in open source . This helped a lot .

wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Niall Pemberton <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Apache has a "Code of Conduct" here:
> >     http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html
> >
> > I think we should include a link to it on the Commons Site - does anyone
> > object to that?
> >

> No objection, could it go under "GENERAL INFORMATION" or under the stock
> "ASF" we pick up?

I changed the site,xml in "cms-site" and "commons-parent" and tested both
the main site & one component - then committed the changes[1]. I expected
the buildbot[2] to automatically stage the main site then, but it hasn't
run since I committed. Any ideas?

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1747088
[2] https://ci.apache.org/builders/commons-site-staging
[3] https://commons.apache.org/site-publish.html