Apache Commons IRC Channel...

James Carman
As a reminder, we do have an IRC channel set up on freenode.  It's
#asfcommons.  Matt Benson and I are usually the only ones hanging out
there right now, but some of these discussions would go much faster if
we could discuss in real-time.  Of course, no decisions are made only
on IRC. If anything is discussed that we want to implement, we should
take it to the group on the mailing list first for discussion.

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

Matt Benson-2
I'll add that any Commons PMC member registered on freenode should contact
one of us to be made a moderator of the IRC channel.

Matt

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM, James Carman
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> As a reminder, we do have an IRC channel set up on freenode.  It's
> #asfcommons.  Matt Benson and I are usually the only ones hanging out
> there right now, but some of these discussions would go much faster if
> we could discuss in real-time.  Of course, no decisions are made only
> on IRC. If anything is discussed that we want to implement, we should
> take it to the group on the mailing list first for discussion.

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

Henri Yandell
Plus the IRC channel is the only place you'll get to hear Commons history,
Matt's music preference for 7th century heretical works and Emmanuel's
business plan for IRC log blackmail.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:15 AM, James Carman <[hidden email]>wrote:

> As a reminder, we do have an IRC channel set up on freenode.  It's
> #asfcommons.  Matt Benson and I are usually the only ones hanging out
> there right now, but some of these discussions would go much faster if
> we could discuss in real-time.  Of course, no decisions are made only
> on IRC. If anything is discussed that we want to implement, we should
> take it to the group on the mailing list first for discussion.

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Thanks to the infra team we now have JIRA and svn commit notifications
on the channel. Enjoy :)

Emmanuel Bourg

Le 10/10/2013 18:15, James Carman a écrit :
> As a reminder, we do have an IRC channel set up on freenode.  It's
> #asfcommons.  Matt Benson and I are usually the only ones hanging out
> there right now, but some of these discussions would go much faster if
> we could discuss in real-time.  Of course, no decisions are made only
> on IRC. If anything is discussed that we want to implement, we should
> take it to the group on the mailing list first for discussion.

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

Christian Grobmeier
On 14 Oct 2013, at 15:34, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Thanks to the infra team we now have JIRA and svn commit notifications
> on the channel. Enjoy :)

boah thats cool! Thanks for organizing that! (assuming oyu did!)

> Emmanuel Bourg
>

> Le 10/10/2013 18:15, James Carman a écrit :
>> As a reminder, we do have an IRC channel set up on freenode.  It's
>> #asfcommons.  Matt Benson and I are usually the only ones hanging out
>> there right now, but some of these discussions would go much faster if
>> we could discuss in real-time.  Of course, no decisions are made only
>> on IRC. If anything is discussed that we want to implement, we should
>> take it to the group on the mailing list first for discussion.

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

What (free) IRC client do you recommend for Windows (7)?

Gary

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks to the infra team we now have JIRA and svn commit notifications
> on the channel. Enjoy :)
>
> Emmanuel Bourg
>

> Le 10/10/2013 18:15, James Carman a écrit :
>> As a reminder, we do have an IRC channel set up on freenode.  It's
>> #asfcommons.  Matt Benson and I are usually the only ones hanging out
>> there right now, but some of these discussions would go much faster if
>> we could discuss in real-time.  Of course, no decisions are made only
>> on IRC. If anything is discussed that we want to implement, we should
>> take it to the group on the mailing list first for discussion.

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
JUnit in Action, Second Edition
Spring Batch in Action
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

Bruno P. Kinoshita
I use X-Chat for Linux [1] and Windows [2]

[1] http://xchat.org
[2] http://www.silverex.org/news/

Bruno

Le 14/10/2013 15:53, Gary Gregory a écrit :
> What (free) IRC client do you recommend for Windows (7)?

I just use Chatzilla, it's good enough for chatting. I bookmarked
irc://barjavel.freenode.net/asfcommons to join easily from Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/chatzilla/

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

Emmanuel Bourg-3
There is an #apache-commons channel that was created a long time ago
when the previous Apache Commons project started. Daniel Gruno from
infra can manage to transfer is to us.

Channels prefixed with #asf are usually more foundation oriented, and
those with the #apache- prefix are usually for projects.

Do we want to switch?

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

Matt Benson-2
wow, didn't know that... when Simo and I created the current channel (I'll
take blame here) I elected to call it "asf-commons" simply due to it's
being shorter than "apache-commons" and simply "commons" being too generic.
 My vote is "whatever."  :)

Matt

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is an #apache-commons channel that was created a long time ago
> when the previous Apache Commons project started. Daniel Gruno from
> infra can manage to transfer is to us.
>
> Channels prefixed with #asf are usually more foundation oriented, and
> those with the #apache- prefix are usually for projects.
>
> Do we want to switch?
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

Benedikt Ritter-4
I don't really understand the difference to be honest... what would you
discuss on a "more foundation related channel"? I'm happy with #asfcommons
:-)

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: Apache Commons IRC Channel...

Matt Benson-2
Well, e.g. #asfinfra and #asftac are committees under the foundation
hierarchy, as opposed to being tied to a PMC.

Matt