Apache Rat plugin, license for new classes

Apache Rat plugin, license for new classes

Aleksander Ściborek
Hi,
During my first attempt to create pull request with 2 new classes (a single
utils class and a test class) I have encountered problem with apache rat
plugin:
"Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.12:check
(default-cli) on project commons-lang3: Too many files with unapproved
license"
What should I do?
Aleksander

Re: Apache Rat plugin, license for new classes

Allon Mureinik
Can you link to that PR so we have something concrete to look at?

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 7:49 PM Aleksander Ściborek <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> During my first attempt to create pull request with 2 new classes (a single
> utils class and a test class) I have encountered problem with apache rat
> plugin:
> "Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.12:check
> (default-cli) on project commons-lang3: Too many files with unapproved
> license"
> What should I do?
> Aleksander

Re: Apache Rat plugin, license for new classes

The new files are missing the Apache license header.

Gary

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018, 10:49 Aleksander Ściborek <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> During my first attempt to create pull request with 2 new classes (a single
> utils class and a test class) I have encountered problem with apache rat
> plugin:
> "Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.12:check
> (default-cli) on project commons-lang3: Too many files with unapproved
> license"
> What should I do?
> Aleksander

Re: Apache Rat plugin, license for new classes

Aleksander Ściborek
Yes, now after I have incluced those headers everyting is ok. I haven't
noticed them in other classes before because my IDE had hidden them