[BCEL] Release 6.4.0

garydgregory
Hi All and Mark in particular,

Is there anything more we need for 6.4.0?

RE: [BCEL] Release 6.4.0

Mark Roberts
I'm good.  From our standpoint it would be nice to make a BCEL release so we don't need to include a special version with our tool set.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: [BCEL] Release 6.4.0

garydgregory
I might have some time over the weekend. Would you mind double checking you
recent work for code coverage.

Gary

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 09:07 Mark Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm good.  From our standpoint it would be nice to make a BCEL release so
> we don't need to include a special version with our tool set.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Run:

mvn clean site -P jacoco

Then look at the generate site's JaCoCo report and make sure the new code
has as close to possible to 100% code coverage by the unit tests.

The profile might not be required but it will make sure the right thing
happens.

Gary

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 19:58 Mark Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry - not familiar with the release process.  What does check for code
> coverage mean?
>
> mark

I don’t need to run jacoco to know the coverage is almost zero for the classes added to support the new Java 9+ attributes.  I could cobble something up if there was some way to add a Java 11 .class file to use as input to a test.

Mark

I might have some time over the weekend. Would you mind double checking you recent work for code coverage.

Gary

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 09:07 Mark Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm good.  From our standpoint it would be nice to make a BCEL release
> so we don't need to include a special version with our tool set.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 9:07 AM Mark Roberts <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I don’t need to run jacoco to know the coverage is almost zero for the
> classes added to support the new Java 9+ attributes.  I could cobble
> something up if there was some way to add a Java 11 .class file to use as
> input to a test.

You can precompile a Java 11 .class file and put it somewhere in
test/resources like a new dir test/resources/java11

Gary