[BCEL] thread safety

garydgregory
Thread safety or lack thereof seems to be a recurring theme in BCEL.

Is anyone available to take a closer look at what it would take to update
the code with thread safety in mind?

Re: [BCEL] thread safety

Torsten Curdt-3
It's been a looong time since I worked on BCEL and my memories might serve
me wrong but I think thread safety is something that should not necessarily
happen on the BCEL level. BCEL holds a lot of state. Making all that
threadsafe - I'd like to see the use cases first as it might come at a
cost. BCEL was even using statics to store state - I would suggest to fix
that first (if it's still the case).

But anyway - my 2 cents from some vague memories.

cheers,
Torsten

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thread safety or lack thereof seems to be a recurring theme in BCEL.
>
> Is anyone available to take a closer look at what it would take to update
> the code with thread safety in mind?

Re: [BCEL] thread safety

Dave Brosius-2
The main issue was the static Repository, but instance based
Repositories are available now.