[BeanUtils][RTC] BEANUTILS-422 - getPropertyType return null on second descendant class

[BeanUtils][RTC] BEANUTILS-422 - getPropertyType return null on second descendant class

we have this bug filed for BeanUtils, that seems to be related to generic
collections used for indexed properties in conjunction with Java 7. In
summary, when using a List<String> instead of a untyped List for an indexed
property, PropertyUtils.getPropertyType will return null.

There is a proposed solution for this problem that basically flushes the
cache of Introspector and reloads the property descriptors afterwards. It
works, but it looks like a lot of additional reloading. I'm wondering if
anybody has another idea how to work around this issue.

TIA,

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [BeanUtils][RTC] BEANUTILS-422 - getPropertyType return null on second descendant class

Benedikt Ritter-4
2013/3/10 Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> we have this bug filed for BeanUtils, that seems to be related to generic
> collections used for indexed properties in conjunction with Java 7. In
> summary, when using a List<String> instead of a untyped List for an indexed
> property, PropertyUtils.getPropertyType will return null.
>
> There is a proposed solution for this problem that basically flushes the
> cache of Introspector and reloads the property descriptors afterwards. It
> works, but it looks like a lot of additional reloading. I'm wondering if
> anybody has another idea how to work around this issue.

ping,

would be nice to have some comments. If nobody has the time right now, I'll
post pone this issue :-)

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [BeanUtils][RTC] BEANUTILS-422 - getPropertyType return null on second descendant class

Oliver Heger-3
Am 14.03.2013 08:42, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:

> 2013/3/10 Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we have this bug filed for BeanUtils, that seems to be related to generic
>> collections used for indexed properties in conjunction with Java 7. In
>> summary, when using a List<String> instead of a untyped List for an indexed
>> property, PropertyUtils.getPropertyType will return null.
>>
>> There is a proposed solution for this problem that basically flushes the
>> cache of Introspector and reloads the property descriptors afterwards. It
>> works, but it looks like a lot of additional reloading. I'm wondering if
>> anybody has another idea how to work around this issue.
>>

> ping,
>
> would be nice to have some comments. If nobody has the time right now, I'll
> post pone this issue :-)

Do we have any idea what actually happens? In which way has
introspection changed in the affected JDK 1.7 versions?

Maybe there is something interesting in the release notes. Or it could
make sense checking the Java Bug database?

Oliver