[COLLECTIONS] Test failures on Windows

Re: [COLLECTIONS] Test failures on Windows

Pascal Schumacher
Thanks! Works for me.

Am 14.10.2017 um 03:02 schrieb Gary Gregory:

> OK, I should have that fixed up in the tests. Please give it a go.
>
> Gary
>
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:23 AM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>> With current master on windows 10 (java 7, 8, 9; german locale) the
>> occasional failures have been replace by constant failures:
>>
>> Failed tests:
>>    MapUtilsTest.testgetDoubleValue:956 expected:<20.0> but was:<2.0>
>>    MapUtilsTest.testgetFloatValue:974 expected:<20.0> but was:<2.0>
>>
>> These are new tests added in https://github.com/apache/comm
>> ons-collections/pull/29
>>
>> Looks like these tests fail when run on a locale that does not use the
>> point character as a decimal separator.
>>

>> Am 12.10.2017 um 08:30 schrieb Bruno P. Kinoshita:
>>
>>> It was merged in https://github.com/apache/c
>>> ommons-collections/commit/eed8a7adb3de7441751e846f4a75d110dd205f23.
>>> I closed the pull request.
>>> Thanks to all that helped testing & troubleshooting this interesting
>>> issue!
>>> I believe Commons Collections should now be in a state ready for a
>>> release.
>>> CheersBruno

Bruno P. Kinoshita-3
Build passing OK in the same environment I used for COLLECTIONS-661, with a Windows 10, JDK 1.8, and locale set to en_US.

Changed the whole operating system settings and locale to pt_BR (where commas/dots are too reversed for thousands, decimals), confirmed in mvn -v that it changed, then tests still passing.

Digressing a bit. While on it, and since I was using a Windows + Brazilian locale, I quickly checked out lang, text, csv, io, jcs, and pool. All components successfully built with `mvn clean test` on this environment.
Cheers
Bruno

________________________________
OK, I should have that fixed up in the tests. Please give it a go.

Gary

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:23 AM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> With current master on windows 10 (java 7, 8, 9; german locale) the
> occasional failures have been replace by constant failures:
>
> Failed tests:
>   MapUtilsTest.testgetDoubleValue:956 expected:<20.0> but was:<2.0>
>   MapUtilsTest.testgetFloatValue:974 expected:<20.0> but was:<2.0>
>
> These are new tests added in https://github.com/apache/comm
> ons-collections/pull/29
>
> Looks like these tests fail when run on a locale that does not use the
> point character as a decimal separator.
>

> Am 12.10.2017 um 08:30 schrieb Bruno P. Kinoshita:
>
>> It was merged in https://github.com/apache/c
>> ommons-collections/commit/eed8a7adb3de7441751e846f4a75d110dd205f23.
>> I closed the pull request.
>> Thanks to all that helped testing & troubleshooting this interesting
>> issue!
>> I believe Commons Collections should now be in a state ready for a
>> release.
>> CheersBruno

Benedikt Ritter-4
Okay, so we’re ready to push out a release candidate? Great! I’ll see when I find the time to do that :-)

Awesome team work!

Benedikt

> Am 14.10.2017 um 12:25 schrieb Bruno P. Kinoshita <[hidden email]>:
>
> Build passing OK in the same environment I used for COLLECTIONS-661, with a Windows 10, JDK 1.8, and locale set to en_US.
>
> Changed the whole operating system settings and locale to pt_BR (where commas/dots are too reversed for thousands, decimals), confirmed in mvn -v that it changed, then tests still passing.
>
> Digressing a bit. While on it, and since I was using a Windows + Brazilian locale, I quickly checked out lang, text, csv, io, jcs, and pool. All components successfully built with `mvn clean test` on this environment.
> Cheers
> Bruno

garydgregory
Thank you for being the RM! Looking forward to the RC.

Gary