[COLLECTIONS] japicmp:cmp is always skipped

[COLLECTIONS] japicmp:cmp is always skipped

I'm currently working on getting the collections build to pass again. We
can't use clirr anymore because it can't handle Java 8 default methods.
I've replaced clirr with japicmp [1]. Problem is, that the japicmp:cmp goal
is always skipped although I've added the profile.japicmp file to the
repository. Any idea?

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-collections/pull/54

Re: [COLLECTIONS] japicmp:cmp is always skipped

Gilles Sadowski
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 09:34:34 +0200, Benedikt Ritter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on getting the collections build to pass again.
> We
> can't use clirr anymore because it can't handle Java 8 default
> methods.
> I've replaced clirr with japicmp [1]. Problem is, that the
> japicmp:cmp goal
> is always skipped although I've added the profile.japicmp file to the
> repository. Any idea?

"japicmp" has been broken for months. [Rob may have more
up-to-date information.]
Problem (for [RNG]) was the opposite: It would run even when
   profile.japicmp
was not present and would simply fail the build when there
was not "older" version to compare against. :-/

> Benedikt
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/commons-collections/pull/54

Re: [COLLECTIONS] japicmp:cmp is always skipped

Benedikt Ritter-4
Am Do., 20. Sep. 2018 um 12:13 Uhr schrieb Gilles <
[hidden email]>:

> On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 09:34:34 +0200, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently working on getting the collections build to pass again.
> > We
> > can't use clirr anymore because it can't handle Java 8 default
> > methods.
> > I've replaced clirr with japicmp [1]. Problem is, that the
> > japicmp:cmp goal
> > is always skipped although I've added the profile.japicmp file to the
> > repository. Any idea?
>
> "japicmp" has been broken for months. [Rob may have more
> up-to-date information.]
> Problem (for [RNG]) was the opposite: It would run even when
>    profile.japicmp
> was not present and would simply fail the build when there
> was not "older" version to compare against. :-/

I still haven't found a way to activate japicmp :-( Maybe I just have to
wait for the next release?