[CRYPTO] Suggestion from ApacheCON: Have a look at Amazon s2n

[CRYPTO] Suggestion from ApacheCON: Have a look at Amazon s2n

Benedikt Ritter-4
Hi folks,

Somebody at Dapeng’s talk about commons crypto suggested us to have a look at Amazon s2n [1]. I’m not sure it is a full replacement for OpenSSL, but if it is, it may be interesting to have it as an alternative native backend for crypto.

[1] https://github.com/awslabs/s2n

RE: [CRYPTO] Suggestion from ApacheCON: Have a look at Amazon s2n

Ke, Xianda
Hi Benedikt,

I've took a glance at s2n.   It is not a full replacement for OpenSSL, its crypto is a wrapper of OpenSSL. It doesn't support all the algorithms that OpenSSL supports.  For instance, s2n does not support AES-CTR algorithm.

Regards,
Xianda