[CSV] New release anytime soon?

Rob Vesse
Hey Folks

Any idea when a new release of Commons CSV might be produced?

I'm trying to incorporate it into a JPMS based project and the current release (1.8) is from several years ago and doesn't declare an Automatic-Module-Name in its manifest. I tried a SNAPSHOT build as well but that doesn't have it either.

It seems like only your release builds add in the Automatic-Module-Name as part of the release process

If it is just the case of needing someone to help crank the handles so the PMC can vote on it I'm happy to help out if needed

Thanks,

Rob

Re: [CSV] New release anytime soon?

garydgregory
Now that Net has been released, I will attend to IO and Lang, CSV can be
after that.

Gary

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021, 08:57 Rob Vesse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Folks
>
> Any idea when a new release of Commons CSV might be produced?
>
> I'm trying to incorporate it into a JPMS based project and the current
> release (1.8) is from several years ago and doesn't declare an
> Automatic-Module-Name in its manifest. I tried a SNAPSHOT build as well but
> that doesn't have it either.
>
> It seems like only your release builds add in the Automatic-Module-Name as
> part of the release process
>
> If it is just the case of needing someone to help crank the handles so the
> PMC can vote on it I'm happy to help out if needed
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Re: [CSV] New release anytime soon?

Rob Vesse-2
Thanks Gary

That would be great, I'll keep an eye on the list so I can test the RC when its ready

Cheers,

Rob

On 2021/02/21 00:00:30, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now that Net has been released, I will attend to IO and Lang, CSV can be
> after that.
>
> Gary
>
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2021, 08:57 Rob Vesse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hey Folks
> >
> > Any idea when a new release of Commons CSV might be produced?
> >
> > I'm trying to incorporate it into a JPMS based project and the current
> > release (1.8) is from several years ago and doesn't declare an
> > Automatic-Module-Name in its manifest. I tried a SNAPSHOT build as well but
> > that doesn't have it either.
> >
> > It seems like only your release builds add in the Automatic-Module-Name as
> > part of the release process
> >
> > If it is just the case of needing someone to help crank the handles so the
> > PMC can vote on it I'm happy to help out if needed
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rob

Re: [CSV] New release anytime soon?

garydgregory
Hi Rob,

If I were you, I would test what is in git master now just in case.

My current release train is: Lang, VFS, then probably CSV.

Gary

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021, 10:29 Rob Vesse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Gary
>
> That would be great, I'll keep an eye on the list so I can test the RC
> when its ready
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob
>
> On 2021/02/21 00:00:30, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Now that Net has been released, I will attend to IO and Lang, CSV can be
> > after that.
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 19, 2021, 08:57 Rob Vesse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Folks
> > >
> > > Any idea when a new release of Commons CSV might be produced?
> > >
> > > I'm trying to incorporate it into a JPMS based project and the current
> > > release (1.8) is from several years ago and doesn't declare an
> > > Automatic-Module-Name in its manifest. I tried a SNAPSHOT build as
> well but
> > > that doesn't have it either.
> > >
> > > It seems like only your release builds add in the
> Automatic-Module-Name as
> > > part of the release process
> > >
> > > If it is just the case of needing someone to help crank the handles so
> the
> > > PMC can vote on it I'm happy to help out if needed
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Rob

Re: [CSV] New release anytime soon?

Rob Vesse-2
Gary

I have already tried testing what's in master

It seems like you only get Automatic-Module-Name when using a specific profile (module-name). I guess this only gets automatically activated during the release process given that the public SNAPSHOT builds on repository.apache.org are missing this attribute from their manifests?

Thanks,

Rob

On 2021/02/25 16:58:45, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> If I were you, I would test what is in git master now just in case.
>
> My current release train is: Lang, VFS, then probably CSV.
>
> Gary
>

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021, 10:29 Rob Vesse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Gary
> >
> > That would be great, I'll keep an eye on the list so I can test the RC
> > when its ready
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > On 2021/02/21 00:00:30, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Now that Net has been released, I will attend to IO and Lang, CSV can be
> > > after that.
> > >
> > > Gary

> > well but

> > Automatic-Module-Name as

> > the

Re: [CSV] New release anytime soon?

garydgregory
Hm, I am pretty sure that a release would just be like what you get in a
local build, minus the -SNAPSHOT postfix in version label.

Gary

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021, 07:05 Rob Vesse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Gary
>
> I have already tried testing what's in master
>
> It seems like you only get Automatic-Module-Name when using a specific
> profile (module-name). I guess this only gets automatically activated
> during the release process given that the public SNAPSHOT builds on
> repository.apache.org are missing this attribute from their manifests?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob
>
> On 2021/02/25 16:58:45, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Rob,
> >
> > If I were you, I would test what is in git master now just in case.
> >
> > My current release train is: Lang, VFS, then probably CSV.
> >
> > Gary
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 25, 2021, 10:29 Rob Vesse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Gary
> > >
> > > That would be great, I'll keep an eye on the list so I can test the RC
> > > when its ready
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Rob

> can be

> current
> > > well but

> > > Automatic-Module-Name as

> handles so
> > > the

Re: [CSV] New release anytime soon?

garydgregory
Sorry for the delays again, I have another release of VFS to shepperd.

Gary