[Collections] A better TreeList?

Rodion Efremov-2
Hello, y'all!

My buggy experiments show that it makes sense to produce a
TreeList-like structure, that doesn't use an entire AVLNode for storing
each god damned element, but rather stores, say, 128 elements in a node.
In such a way, you can talk about a structure that takes the best from
Array-/Linked-/Tree-list.

Your opinion?

--
TIA, Rodion

Re: [Collections] A better TreeList?

Bernd Eckenfels
Am 09.10.2013, 11:24 Uhr, schrieb Rodion Efremov <[hidden email]>:
> My buggy experiments show that it makes sense to produce a TreeList-like
> structure, that doesn't use an entire AVLNode for storing each god
> damned element, but rather stores, say, 128 elements in a node. In such
> a way, you can talk about a structure that takes the best from
> Array-/Linked-/Tree-list.

Just a related note, JEP-180 hit OpenJDK, they introduced a balanced tree
implementation for hash collisions (strange enough the implementation does
not used a array based implementation)

Bernd

Re: [Collections] A better TreeList?

James Carman
This is basically a b-tree, the "TreeList-like structure."