[Collections] performance results?

Amol Katdare
I am looking for any performance related statistics for the collections package.

Particularly interested in knowing how the various methods in
CollectionUtils perfom under very large data sets and problems, if
any, that any of us may have encountered while managing large
collections using the calls in CollectionUtils.

Thanks in advance,
amol

Re: [Collections] performance results?

Stephen Colebourne
amol k wrote:
> I am looking for any performance related statistics for the collections package.
>
> Particularly interested in knowing how the various methods in
> CollectionUtils perfom under very large data sets and problems, if
> any, that any of us may have encountered while managing large
> collections using the calls in CollectionUtils.

Unfortunately, I am unaware of any performance testing of [collections],
other than of individual classes:

- TreeList is faster than LinkedList, and can for some cases be faster
than an Arraylist
- Flat3Map is faster than a HashMap at size 3 or less

If anyone did any more performance testing, hopefully they can share
their results with the list.

Stephen