Commons Configuration problems

jax-4
Hi, i am incorporating
org.apache.commons.configuration.* into my code (which
uses java.util.Properties) and i face two problems.

Prob 1:
I have a

compositeconfiguration.add(new
PropertiesConfiguration("file path"));

which result in the printout of the following non
fatel error, "log4j: Error could not find value for
key log4j.appender.console.layout"

What is this message about? Does it lead to the next
error below?

Prob 2:
I have a

Iterator itr = compositeconfiguration.getkeys();

which result in the following fatal error,
EMPTY_ORDER_ITERATOR

I have search the web and forums for interpretations
but could not find one, please advice.

Thanks,
jax

Re: Commons Configuration problems

Oliver Heger-2
jax wrote:

>Hi, i am incorporating
>org.apache.commons.configuration.* into my code (which
>uses java.util.Properties) and i face two problems.
>
>Prob 1:
>I have a
>
>compositeconfiguration.add(new
>PropertiesConfiguration("file path"));
>
>which result in the printout of the following non
>fatel error, "log4j: Error could not find value for
>key log4j.appender.console.layout"
>
>What is this message about? Does it lead to the next
>error below?

This message seems to indicate a problem with your log4j configuration.
I am quite sure that it is not related to commons configuration.

>Prob 2:
>I have a
>
>Iterator itr = compositeconfiguration.getkeys();
>
>which result in the following fatal error,
>EMPTY_ORDER_ITERATOR
>

>I have search the web and forums for interpretations
>but could not find one, please advice.

I haven't seen this before either. Could you please provide your
complete test code and a full exception trace? Thanks.

>Thanks,
>jax

Oliver

Re: Commons Configuration problems

jax-4
Hi, thanks for the advice.
Prob 1 is indeed a log4j.properties misconfiguration.

Prob 2 is caused by a version conflict. They are 2
different versions of commons collection in my
directory. Removing one of them solves the problem.

Rdgs,
jax