Commons codec 1.4 on maven repo?

Marvin Froeder
Hi Folks,
commons-codec 1.4 is not available at maven central
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-codec/commons-codec/

Only 1.3

VELO

RE: Commons codec 1.4 on maven repo?

Gary Gregory
I do not recall seeing an announcement email for the release. Did I miss it?

Gary

David J. M. Karlsen
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Gary Gregory wrote:

> I do not recall seeing an announcement email for the release. Did I miss it?
Haven't seen any announcements - but it is tagged.

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com

Re: Commons codec 1.4 on maven repo?

Phil Steitz
Marvin Froeder wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> commons-codec 1.4 is not available at maven central
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-codec/commons-codec/
>
> Only 1.3
>

> VELO

Thanks for letting us know.  The release was cut last week, but the
synchronization between the apache staging repo and repo1 was not set
up.  Should be fixed in the next day.

Phil

Re: Commons codec 1.4 on maven repo?

Niall Pemberton
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Gary
Gregory<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I do not recall seeing an announcement email for the release. Did I miss it?

No I've been on holiday so its the only thing left todo.

Niall

> Gary

Just for posterity, it is indeed fixed
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-codec/commons-codec/1.4/

<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-codec/commons-codec/1.4/>VELO

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Phil Steitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Marvin Froeder wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> commons-codec 1.4 is not available at maven central
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-codec/commons-codec/
>>
>> Only 1.3
>>

>> VELO
>>

> Thanks for letting us know.  The release was cut last week, but the
> synchronization between the apache staging repo and repo1 was not set up.
>  Should be fixed in the next day.
>
> Phil

[math]: weighted variance?

mickeydog
Does the commons math library have a weighted variance?
I don't see it, just wanted to verify.
If it did, I would expect to see something like:
Variance.evaluate(double[] values, double[] weights, int begin, int length)

Re: [math]: weighted variance?

Phil Steitz
[hidden email] wrote:

> Does the commons math library have a weighted variance?
> I don't see it, just wanted to verify.
> If it did, I would expect to see something like:
> Variance.evaluate(double[] values, double[] weights, int begin, int length)

No, this does not yet exist.  Patches welcome!

Phil

Re: [math]: weighted variance?

Matthew Rowles
2009/8/20 Phil Steitz <[hidden email]>:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Does the commons math library have a weighted variance?
>> I don't see it, just wanted to verify.
>> If it did, I would expect to see something like:
>> Variance.evaluate(double[] values, double[] weights, int begin, int
>> length)

> No, this does not yet exist.  Patches welcome!
>
> Phil

I'm looking at having a go at implementing evaluate(double[] values,
double[] weights, int begin, int length) in UnivariateStatistic (and
all implementing classes).

Are there any coding styles to adhere to, other than those in the
standard Java conventions?

Re: [math]: weighted variance?

Luc Maisonobe

----- "Matthew Rowles" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> 2009/8/20 Phil Steitz <[hidden email]>:
> > [hidden email] wrote:
> >>
> >> Does the commons math library have a weighted variance?
> >> I don't see it, just wanted to verify.
> >> If it did, I would expect to see something like:
> >> Variance.evaluate(double[] values, double[] weights, int begin,
> int
> >> length)

> > No, this does not yet exist.  Patches welcome!
> >
> > Phil
>
> I'm looking at having a go at implementing evaluate(double[] values,
> double[] weights, int begin, int length) in UnivariateStatistic (and
> all implementing classes).
>
> Are there any coding styles to adhere to, other than those in the
> standard Java conventions?

Most of the rules are enforced in the checkstyle.xml file. This means that if you run "mvn site" to regenerate the site with all reports (or perhaps simply mvn checkstyle:checkstyle) you will see what is wrong.
The most important rule is probably: no tabs!
We also wrap lines after operators rather than before operators, which is a difference with Sun conventions if I remember correctly.
If you create new files (I don't think this will be needed here), don't forget to add the Apache header at the beginning.

Luc

Re: [math]: weighted variance?

>  ----- "Matthew Rowles" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>

>  > 2009/8/20 Phil Steitz <[hidden email]>:
>  > > [hidden email] wrote:
>  > >>
>  > >> Does the commons math library have a weighted variance?
>  > >> I don't see it, just wanted to verify.
>  > >> If it did, I would expect to see something like:
>  > >> Variance.evaluate(double[] values, double[] weights, int begin,
>  > int
>  > >> length)
>  > >>
>  > >>
>  > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  > >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  > >> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  > >>
>  > >>
>  > >
>  > > No, this does not yet exist.  Patches welcome!
>  > >
>  > > Phil
>  >
>  > I'm looking at having a go at implementing evaluate(double[] values,
>  > double[] weights, int begin, int length) in UnivariateStatistic (and
>  > all implementing classes).
>  >
>  > Are there any coding styles to adhere to, other than those in the
>  > standard Java conventions?
>

> Most of the rules are enforced in the checkstyle.xml file. This means that if you run "mvn site" to regenerate the site with all reports (or perhaps simply mvn checkstyle:checkstyle) you will see what is wrong.
>  The most important rule is probably: no tabs!
>  We also wrap lines after operators rather than before operators, which is a difference with Sun conventions if I remember correctly.
>  If you create new files (I don't think this will be needed here), don't forget to add the Apache header at the beginning.

Also, it would be helpful if you could submit a CLA:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

>  Luc
>

>  >
>  > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: [math]: weighted variance?

Matthew Rowles
2009/8/20 Phil Steitz <[hidden email]>:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Does the commons math library have a weighted variance?
>> I don't see it, just wanted to verify.
>> If it did, I would expect to see something like:
>> Variance.evaluate(double[] values, double[] weights, int begin, int
>> length)

> No, this does not yet exist.  Patches welcome!
>
> Phil

I've requested this as a new feature on JIRA and added my first effort
as a patch.

Feedback is gladly welcomed.