Commons digester does not work for me :(

Commons digester does not work for me :(

annonygmouse

Hi, I'm trying to get some jasperreports run and it
uses jakarta commons digester and I happen to have the
following error when running on a jboss-3.2.6, using
commons-digester-1.7.jar

description The server encountered an internal error
() that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution
threw an exception

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

root cause

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.log from class
org.apache.commons.digester.SetNestedPropertiesRule$AnyChildRule

org.apache.commons.digester.SetNestedPropertiesRule$AnyChildRule.body(SetNestedPropertiesRule.java:393)
        org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.body(Rule.java:240)

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1028)

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
Source)

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
Source)

org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.emptyElement(Unknown
Source)

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)

Source)

Source)

org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)

org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
        org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:225)

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:209)

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:163)

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:147)

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:81)

es.caib.exsanci.ReportServlet.getCompiledReport(ReportServlet.java:221)

es.caib.exsanci.ReportServlet.doPost(ReportServlet.java:96)

es.caib.exsanci.ReportServlet.doGet(ReportServlet.java:59)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

Any hint of what's going on?
I tried to use an older version (1.3) but it does not
have the class SetNestedPropertiesRule.

Sebasti?.

Re: Commons digester does not work for me :(

Simon Kitching
On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 12:56 +0100, Ssebastia annonygmouse wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to get some jasperreports run and it
> uses jakarta commons digester and I happen to have the
> following error when running on a jboss-3.2.6, using
> commons-digester-1.7.jar
>
> description The server encountered an internal error
> () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution
> threw an exception
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)
>
> root cause
>
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.log from class
> org.apache.commons.digester.SetNestedPropertiesRule$AnyChildRule
>
> org.apache.commons.digester.SetNestedPropertiesRule$AnyChildRule.body(SetNestedPropertiesRule.java:393)
> org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.body(Rule.java:240)

I don't understand how this error could be caused; I don't see anything
wrong with the Digester code. The jasper code must be doing something
unusual, but of course I don't know what that is.

I suggest you follow that up on the Jasper lists; if they need help with
Digester then of course they are very welcome to post questions on this
list.

Regards,

Simon