[Commons-net] FTPS

Kedar Panse
I am trying to implement FTPS using apache commons.  As I gather from my
searches, seems like it same as regular ftp except instead of using
plain socket it uses ssl socket.  Is this just a matter of replacing the
socket factory for ftp client?  If so does FTPClient allow setting
different factories for command/data channels? Anyone ever tried this?

Kedar

Re: [Commons-net] FTPS

Jacob Kjome

You mean SFTP?  I believe it is FTP over SSH2 rather than SSL  There's also
FTP over SSL or TLS, but that's distinct from SFTP.  See...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsch

Also check out commons-vfs, which uses this library to support SFTP
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs/filesystems.html#SFTP

Jake

At 01:51 AM 8/7/2005 -0700, you wrote:
 >I am trying to implement FTPS using apache commons.  As I gather from my
 >searches, seems like it same as regular ftp except instead of using
 >plain socket it uses ssl socket.  Is this just a matter of replacing the
 >socket factory for ftp client?  If so does FTPClient allow setting
 >different factories for command/data channels? Anyone ever tried this?
 >
 >
 >Kedar

Re: [Commons-net] FTPS

Kedar Panse
Yea I mean FTP over SSL ( I believe thats called FTPS? like https not
sure).  jsch seems to be over SSH.  Integrating SSL for commons
ftpclient shouldnt be that bad right? From one of the articles I read it
says I need to send AUTH TLS to start negotiation (TLS).  Anyone ever
tried this?

Kedar