Corrupt Word File Upload

Ken D. Nelson
HI All -

I am using the File commons component.  I have run into an issue with upload Microsoft Files (Word/Excel).  It appears that files are being corrupted.  When I upload PDF or Text files, all is well - even large files (10 MB+).  Anyone have any idea's what may be causing this?  I have attached the served as.

Ken

Re: Corrupt Word File Upload

robert burrell donkin
hi ken

please read
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/JakartaCommonsEtiquette and
remember to prefix your subject appropriately. most attachments are now
stripped so i'd suggest creating an issue in bugzilla
(http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla) and attaching the file to that. you
can then use the url in a followup post.

- robert

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 08:51 -0700, Ken D. Nelson wrote:

> HI All -
>
> I am using the File commons component.  I have run into an issue with
> upload Microsoft Files (Word/Excel).  It appears that files are being
> corrupted.  When I upload PDF or Text files, all is well - even large
> files (10 MB+).  Anyone have any idea's what may be causing this?  I
> have attached the served as.
>
> Ken

Re: [fileUpload] Corrupt Word File Upload

Brian Cook

Hmmm... Just guesses but do the word files contain spaces or special
characters?  I have problems uploading files that contain Unicode.  But
that has different symptoms.

You will be more likely to get responses if you review the posting
recommendations at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html as well as
include more relevant details.

Ken D. Nelson wrote:

> HI All -
>
> I am using the File commons component.  I have run into an issue with
> upload Microsoft Files (Word/Excel).  It appears that files are being
> corrupted.  When I upload PDF or Text files, all is well - even large
> files (10 MB+).  Anyone have any idea's what may be causing this?  I
> have attached the served as.
>
> Ken

Brian Cook
Digital Services Analyst
Print Time Inc.
[hidden email]
913.345.8900

Re: Corrupt Word File Upload

Martin Cooper
On 7/25/05, Ken D. Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI All -
>
> I am using the File commons component.  I have run into an issue with upload
> Microsoft Files (Word/Excel).  It appears that files are being corrupted.
> When I upload PDF or Text files, all is well - even large files (10 MB+).
> Anyone have any idea's what may be causing this?  I have attached the served
> as.

Commons FileUpload neither knows nor cares what kind of data is in the
request, so there's no way it would be treating Word or Excel files
differently from other file types. Are you positive that the problem
is occurring during parsing of the request, and not at the client or
in the container?

--
Martin Cooper