[DAEMON] Create daemon 1.x branch

Mladen Turk-2
Hi,

I plan to create Daemon 1.x branch inside
common/proper/daemon/braches/1.x
and use trunk for developing Daemon2 which
will unify jsvc and procrun into one component.

All further 1.x releases will come from braches/1.x
and trunk will be used for version 2.x
This will cause feature freeze for 1.x and concentrate
mainly on bug fixes and platform compliance.

Comments?

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [DAEMON] Create daemon 1.x branch

Simone Tripodi-2
+1 sounds an exciting plan!
Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Nov 20, 2011, at 8:31, Mladen Turk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to create Daemon 1.x branch inside
> common/proper/daemon/braches/1.x
> and use trunk for developing Daemon2 which
> will unify jsvc and procrun into one component.
>
> All further 1.x releases will come from braches/1.x
> and trunk will be used for version 2.x
> This will cause feature freeze for 1.x and concentrate
> mainly on bug fixes and platform compliance.
>

> Comments?

Go for it!

Release early, release often.

Gary

On 20 November 2011 13:31, Mladen Turk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to create Daemon 1.x branch inside
> common/proper/daemon/braches/1.x
> and use trunk for developing Daemon2 which
> will unify jsvc and procrun into one component.
>
> All further 1.x releases will come from braches/1.x
> and trunk will be used for version 2.x
> This will cause feature freeze for 1.x and concentrate
> mainly on bug fixes and platform compliance.
>

> Comments?

Good idea.