[DBCP] Problem creating array descriptor

[DBCP] Problem creating array descriptor

Suresh Addagalla

Hi,

I am facing a problem using DBCP 1.2.1 with stored procedures; if someone
has a solution/workaround, please do suggest.

I have the following code to create an array descriptor:

                Connection conn = dbcp.getConnection() ;
                Connection dconn = ((DelegatingConnection)
conn).getInnermostDelegate();
                ArrayDescriptor descriptor =
ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor("ROPARAMETERLIST", dconn) ;

and it throws the following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Fail to construct descriptor: Invalid arguments
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:1130)
        at
oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor(ArrayDescriptor.java:104)
        at
com.nokia.ipdc.ecs.dbapi.roparameters.RoParametersDbApi.storeRoParameters(Ro
ParametersDbApi.java:119)

Earlier I was passing the "conn" (instead of "dconn") to createDescriptor
method, but that too did not work.

This seems to be a known bug
(<a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-user/200309.mbox/%">http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-user/200309.mbox/%
[hidden email]%3E), but it seems that the fix is not
available in the latest release.

If it cannot be solved with DBCP, can someone suggest viable alternatives
(implementation alternatives of DB connection pool)?

Thanks
Suresh

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [hidden email] immediately

Re: [DBCP] Problem creating array descriptor

Dirk Verbeeck
If you are using a BasicDataSource (the default one if you are using
tomcat) then your code should work.

2 things you can try:
        print the classname of dconn
        make sure you only have one copy of the oracle driver present.

-- Dirk

Suresh Addagalla wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem using DBCP 1.2.1 with stored procedures; if someone
> has a solution/workaround, please do suggest.
>
> I have the following code to create an array descriptor:
>
>                 Connection conn = dbcp.getConnection() ;
>                 Connection dconn = ((DelegatingConnection)
> conn).getInnermostDelegate();
>                 ArrayDescriptor descriptor =
> ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor("ROPARAMETERLIST", dconn) ;
>
> and it throws the following exception:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Fail to construct descriptor: Invalid arguments
>         at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
>         at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
>         at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:1130)
>         at
> oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor(ArrayDescriptor.java:104)
>         at
> com.nokia.ipdc.ecs.dbapi.roparameters.RoParametersDbApi.storeRoParameters(Ro
> ParametersDbApi.java:119)
>
> Earlier I was passing the "conn" (instead of "dconn") to createDescriptor
> method, but that too did not work.
>
> This seems to be a known bug
> (<a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-user/200309.mbox/%">http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-user/200309.mbox/%
> [hidden email]%3E), but it seems that the fix is not
> available in the latest release.
>
> If it cannot be solved with DBCP, can someone suggest viable alternatives
> (implementation alternatives of DB connection pool)?
>
> Thanks
> Suresh
>

> Confidentiality Notice
>
> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended
> for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [hidden email] immediately
> and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

RE: [DBCP] Problem creating array descriptor

Suresh Addagalla

Excuse me for re-posting, just hoping for some reply.

If anyone has successfully created an ArrayDescriptor using Oracle driver &
DBCP, please try to answer my question below.

Regards
Suresh

Re: [DBCP] Problem creating array descriptor (repost)