[DBCP] Support for JDBC 4.0

wesclark
In Java 1.6, support was introduced for JDBC 4.0.  This new specification introduced many new methods, including getNString() and setNString(String).    Are we limited when using DBCP if the delegated methods don't have these methods?

Re: [DBCP] Support for JDBC 4.0

Mark Thomas
Wes Clark wrote:
> In Java 1.6, support was introduced for JDBC 4.0.  This new specification introduced many new methods, including getNString() and setNString(String).    Are we limited when using DBCP if the delegated methods don't have these methods?

DBCP support for JDBC 4.0 is in trunk but has yet to be released. With
the current DBCP release you can't use any JDBC 4 methods unless you
obtain the underlying connection.

Now pool 1.5 has been released, a new DBCP release should follow but
there are a handful of bugs that need to be fixed first.

Mark

RE: [DBCP] Support for JDBC 4.0

wesclark
I know if JDBC 4.0 you use unwrap() to get access to the underlying object's methods.  Do you do a simple cast if the unwrap method is not available?