[DBCP] What about javax.sql.PooledConnection?

[DBCP] What about javax.sql.PooledConnection?

wolverine my
Hi!

There is javax.sql.PooledConnection class available in Java.

May I know what are the differences between Common's DBCP and the
javax.sql.PooledConnection?

Re: [DBCP] What about javax.sql.PooledConnection?

Dirk Verbeeck
javax.sql.PooledConnection is an interface that defines the interaction
between the (global) transaction manager of a J2EE server and the
connection pool implementation.
The transaction manager registers itself using
addConnectionEventListener and then gets notification about the
connection usage. This manager can use this information to coordinate
transaction between multiple pools.

Commons-DBCP has an implementation for this interface:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/xref/org/apache/commons/dbcp/cpdsadapter/PooledConnectionImpl.html#42

And the PerUserPoolDataSource and SharedPoolDataSource are using it.

-- Dirk