[DBCP] Why was 1.5.1 never released?

sanchay javeria
Hey,

DBCP v1.5.1 contains a lot of patches that fix the issues we've been seeing
when MySQL pt-kill unexpectedly kills a query and closes the connection.
The stack trace is very similar to DBCP-398
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-398>. Are there any plans on
releasing this version? If not, why so?

Thank you,
Sanchay

Re: [DBCP] Why was 1.5.1 never released?

garydgregory
That is quite an old version. The current version is 2.7.0. I don't see
myslef spending time releasing such an old version, but someone else here
can...

Gary

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 17:56 sanchay javeria <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> DBCP v1.5.1 contains a lot of patches that fix the issues we've been seeing
> when MySQL pt-kill unexpectedly kills a query and closes the connection.
> The stack trace is very similar to DBCP-398
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-398>. Are there any plans on
> releasing this version? If not, why so?
>
> Thank you,
> Sanchay

Re: [DBCP] Why was 1.5.1 never released?

sanchay javeria
Alright, that's not a problem. I'll build the jar myself and push it to our
internal maven repo. Are there any blockers/issues with 1.5.1 we should be
aware of or is it safe for production usage?

Thanks,
Sanchay

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 21:46, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That is quite an old version. The current version is 2.7.0. I don't see
> myslef spending time releasing such an old version, but someone else here
> can...
>
> Gary
>
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 17:56 sanchay javeria <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > DBCP v1.5.1 contains a lot of patches that fix the issues we've been
> seeing
> > when MySQL pt-kill unexpectedly kills a query and closes the connection.
> > The stack trace is very similar to DBCP-398
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-398>. Are there any plans on
> > releasing this version? If not, why so?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Sanchay

Re: [DBCP] Why was 1.5.1 never released?

sebb-2-2
Why not use 2.7.0?

Does that not fix the issue?