[DISCUSS] - Move commons-chain to dormant?

[DISCUSS] - Move commons-chain to dormant?

Pascal Schumacher
Hello everybody,

the last commons-chain release is from 2008.

The last bugfix/feature commits are from 2013.

Since 2013 only one bugfix/feature released issue was created in JIRA.

Maybe it is time to move the component to dormant?

What do you think?

-Pascal

Re: [DISCUSS] - Move commons-chain to dormant?

garydgregory
Are there any bug fixes that could be released first?

Gary

On Oct 7, 2017 04:35, "Pascal Schumacher" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> the last commons-chain release is from 2008.
>
> The last bugfix/feature commits are from 2013.
>
> Since 2013 only one bugfix/feature released issue was created in JIRA.
>
> Maybe it is time to move the component to dormant?
>
> What do you think?
>
> -Pascal

Re: [DISCUSS] - Move commons-chain to dormant?

> Am 07.10.2017 um 12:35 schrieb Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> the last commons-chain release is from 2008.
>
> The last bugfix/feature commits are from 2013.
>
> Since 2013 only one bugfix/feature released issue was created in JIRA.
>
> Maybe it is time to move the component to dormant?
>
> What do you think?

We had somebody asking for the component a few weeks ago, but that is everything that has happened in ages. So +1

> -Pascal

Re: [DISCUSS] - Move commons-chain to dormant?

Rob Tompkins
What’s the largest project that depends upon it? Apache “Tiles” seems to.

-Rob

> On Oct 8, 2017, at 9:44 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Am 07.10.2017 um 12:35 schrieb Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> the last commons-chain release is from 2008.
>>
>> The last bugfix/feature commits are from 2013.
>>
>> Since 2013 only one bugfix/feature released issue was created in JIRA.
>>
>> Maybe it is time to move the component to dormant?
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> We had somebody asking for the component a few weeks ago, but that is everything that has happened in ages. So +1
>

>> -Pascal

Re: [DISCUSS] - Move commons-chain to dormant?

Pascal Schumacher
Looks like Apache Tiles 3 does not use commons-chain.

The only mention of commons-chain I could find in
https://github.com/apache/tiles/tree/trunk was an exclusion a of
transitive commons-chain dependency.

https://tiles.apache.org/framework/tiles-compat/dependencies.html also
does not list commons-chain.

Looks like the most popular project depending on commons-chain was
Struts (but only till 1.3.x (last released in 2008)).

According to
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/commons-chain/commons-chain/1.2/usages
"Magnolia" and "eXo JCR" are the most popular projects using commons-chain.

-Pascal