[DISCUSS] Move commons-proxy to dormant?

[DISCUSS] Move commons-proxy to dormant?

Pascal Schumacher
Hello everybody,

the last release of Proxy is from 2008.

I looks like attempts to release a 2.0 version were abandoned three and
a half year ago.

Maybe it is time to move the component to dormant?

What do you think?

-Pascal

Re: [DISCUSS] Move commons-proxy to dormant?

garydgregory
Sure, why not. In general, I'd rather leave components as they to give
folks the opportunity to contribute, but I won't stand in your way ;-)

Gary

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> the last release of Proxy is from 2008.
>
> I looks like attempts to release a 2.0 version were abandoned three and a
> half year ago.
>
> Maybe it is time to move the component to dormant?
>
> What do you think?
>
> -Pascal

Re: [DISCUSS] Move commons-proxy to dormant?

Pascal Schumacher
I think we should make it clear to our users which components are
actively developed/supported and for which not to expect
enhancements/bugfixes.

I don't think long abandoned components are good for motivating folks to
contribute. Potential contributors just get frustrated if they get no
feedback on patches/pull request, because there is nobody there to
review. Just take a look a the pull requests for components with much
more recent releases. A lot are going unanswered because we lack the
time to review and provided adequate feedback.

On Oct 10, 2017 14:18, "Pascal Schumacher" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think we should make it clear to our users which components are actively
developed/supported and for which not to expect enhancements/bugfixes.

I don't think long abandoned components are good for motivating folks to
contribute. Potential contributors just get frustrated if they get no
feedback on patches/pull request, because there is nobody there to review.
Just take a look a the pull requests for components with much more recent
releases. A lot are going unanswered because we lack the time to review and
provided adequate feedback.

Sounds good.

Gary