[DRAFT] Board Report January 2019

garydgregory
I will post this to the board tomorrow morning. Feedback welcome.
---
 - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
Java
   components.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Activity is good with the release of 4 components.

## Health report:
 - The project is healthy but suffers from a lack of committer and PMC
   growth.
 - Releases for existing components are in the planning stage for Pool,
   DBCP, IO, and Numbers.
 - We are discussing the addition of a new component, mailing activity is
good
   and JIRAs are addressed in a timely manner.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 38 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Rob Tompkins on Fri Jun 30 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 147 committers.
 - Maxim Solodovnik was added as a committer on Tue Dec 18 2018

## Releases:

 - CONFIGURATION-2.4 was released on Sun Oct 28 2018
 - FILEUPLOAD-1.4 was released on Thu Dec 27 2018
 - RNG-1.2 was released on Tue Dec 11 2018
 - TEXT-1.6 was released on Mon Oct 15 2018

## JIRA activity:

Gary Gregory
Apache Commons Chair.

Re: [DRAFT] Board Report January 2019

Rob Tompkins
Looks reasonable.

-Rob

> On Jan 11, 2019, at 9:04 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I will post this to the board tomorrow morning. Feedback welcome.
> ---
> - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
> Java
>   components.
>
> ## Issues:
> - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
> - Activity is good with the release of 4 components.
>
> ## Health report:
> - The project is healthy but suffers from a lack of committer and PMC
>   growth.
> - Releases for existing components are in the planning stage for Pool,
>   DBCP, IO, and Numbers.
> - We are discussing the addition of a new component, mailing activity is
> good
>   and JIRAs are addressed in a timely manner.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>
> - Currently 38 PMC members.
> - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
> - Last PMC addition was Rob Tompkins on Fri Jun 30 2017
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>
> - Currently 147 committers.
> - Maxim Solodovnik was added as a committer on Tue Dec 18 2018
>
> ## Releases:
>
> - CONFIGURATION-2.4 was released on Sun Oct 28 2018
> - FILEUPLOAD-1.4 was released on Thu Dec 27 2018
> - RNG-1.2 was released on Tue Dec 11 2018
> - TEXT-1.6 was released on Mon Oct 15 2018
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>
> - 138 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> - 100 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
>
> Gary Gregory
> Apache Commons Chair.

Re: [DRAFT] Board Report January 2019

Otto Fowler
I would qualify that releases and jira addressing are timely for some
components, but not all.

Gary Gregory
Apache Commons Chair.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:46 AM Otto Fowler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would qualify that releases and jira addressing are timely for some
> components, but not all.

Rephrasing to:
" - We are discussing the addition of a new component, mailing activity is
good
   and JIRAs are addressed in a timely manner for most components."

Gary

> On January 11, 2019 at 09:05:17, Gary Gregory ([hidden email])
> wrote:
>
> I will post this to the board tomorrow morning. Feedback welcome.
> ---
> - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
> Java
> components.
>
> ## Issues:
> - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
> - Activity is good with the release of 4 components.
>
> ## Health report:
> - The project is healthy but suffers from a lack of committer and PMC
> growth.
> - Releases for existing components are in the planning stage for Pool,
> DBCP, IO, and Numbers.
> - We are discussing the addition of a new component, mailing activity is
> good
> and JIRAs are addressed in a timely manner.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>
> - Currently 38 PMC members.
> - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
> - Last PMC addition was Rob Tompkins on Fri Jun 30 2017
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>
> - Currently 147 committers.
> - Maxim Solodovnik was added as a committer on Tue Dec 18 2018
>
> ## Releases:
>
> - CONFIGURATION-2.4 was released on Sun Oct 28 2018
> - FILEUPLOAD-1.4 was released on Thu Dec 27 2018
> - RNG-1.2 was released on Tue Dec 11 2018
> - TEXT-1.6 was released on Mon Oct 15 2018
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>
> - 138 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> - 100 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
>
> Gary Gregory
> Apache Commons Chair.

Re: [DRAFT] Board Report January 2019

Otto Fowler
That works, thanks

On January 11, 2019 at 10:03:13, Gary Gregory ([hidden email])
wrote:

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:46 AM Otto Fowler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would qualify that releases and jira addressing are timely for some
> components, but not all.

Rephrasing to:
" - We are discussing the addition of a new component, mailing activity is
good
   and JIRAs are addressed in a timely manner for most components."

Gary

> On January 11, 2019 at 09:05:17, Gary Gregory ([hidden email])
> wrote:
>
> I will post this to the board tomorrow morning. Feedback welcome.
> ---
> - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
> Java
> components.
>
> ## Issues:
> - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
> - Activity is good with the release of 4 components.
>
> ## Health report:
> - The project is healthy but suffers from a lack of committer and PMC
> growth.
> - Releases for existing components are in the planning stage for Pool,
> DBCP, IO, and Numbers.
> - We are discussing the addition of a new component, mailing activity is
> good
> and JIRAs are addressed in a timely manner.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>
> - Currently 38 PMC members.
> - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
> - Last PMC addition was Rob Tompkins on Fri Jun 30 2017
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>
> - Currently 147 committers.
> - Maxim Solodovnik was added as a committer on Tue Dec 18 2018
>
> ## Releases:
>
> - CONFIGURATION-2.4 was released on Sun Oct 28 2018
> - FILEUPLOAD-1.4 was released on Thu Dec 27 2018
> - RNG-1.2 was released on Tue Dec 11 2018
> - TEXT-1.6 was released on Mon Oct 15 2018
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>
> - 138 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> - 100 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
>
> Gary Gregory
> Apache Commons Chair.

Re: [DRAFT] Board Report January 2019

Matt Sicker
Would you like to mention the gitbox migration?

--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:04 PM Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would you like to mention the gitbox migration?

Done and thank you for the reminder! I just submitted the report for the
next board meeting.

Gary