Digester 1.7 XML Scema Validation Sample?

Digester 1.7 XML Scema Validation Sample?

Derek Richardson
I'd love to see an example of doing validation with an XML Schema (.xsd)
using the Digester v1.7. I'm trying to do this and not having much luck.
I won't list all the combinations I've tried and web searches I've done;
I'll simply appreciate it if someone can provide me with a bit of code
that is known to work. Don't worry about making it generic - I can
figure it out if I just see something that works.

Thanks,

Derek Richardson

Re: Digester 1.7 XML Scema Validation Sample?

Simon Kitching
On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 19:11 -0400, Derek Richardson wrote:
> I'd love to see an example of doing validation with an XML Schema (.xsd)
> using the Digester v1.7. I'm trying to do this and not having much luck.
> I won't list all the combinations I've tried and web searches I've done;
> I'll simply appreciate it if someone can provide me with a bit of code
> that is known to work. Don't worry about making it generic - I can
> figure it out if I just see something that works.

I'll try to find some time to do this in the next day or two - unless
somebody else on the user list can help out first.

In the meantime, you should probably check out the mail archives for
this list; you're not the only person to have had problems getting
validation to work.

Regards,

Simon

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 12:22 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 19:11 -0400, Derek Richardson wrote:
> > I'd love to see an example of doing validation with an XML Schema (.xsd)
> > using the Digester v1.7. I'm trying to do this and not having much luck.
> > I won't list all the combinations I've tried and web searches I've done;
> > I'll simply appreciate it if someone can provide me with a bit of code
> > that is known to work. Don't worry about making it generic - I can
> > figure it out if I just see something that works.
>
> I'll try to find some time to do this in the next day or two - unless
> somebody else on the user list can help out first.
>
> In the meantime, you should probably check out the mail archives for
> this list; you're not the only person to have had problems getting
> validation to work.

Sorry Derek but I just don't have time to create an example for you.
However I have added some hints to the digester wiki FAQ:
  http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Digester/FAQ

See the last entry "How can I validate the input document against a
schema?". You should probably read the first two also.

Regards,

Simon

RE: Digester 1.7 XML Scema Validation Sample?

Derek Richardson
Thanks Simon! This was exactly what I needed to figure out I was having
problems configuring the parser, not the digester.

Derek