[Email] Using SVN, but Github mirror

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Email] Using SVN, but Github mirror

jochen-2
Hi,

I just noticed, that commons-email is still in SVN, but has a Github
mirror nonetheless. Seems strange to me?

Thanks,

Jochen

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Email] Using SVN, but Github mirror

Stefan Bodewig
On 2018-01-20, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> I just noticed, that commons-email is still in SVN, but has a Github
> mirror nonetheless. Seems strange to me?

This is probably true for almost every svn codebase we've got.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Email] Using SVN, but Github mirror

jochen-2
On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 2:53 PM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is probably true for almost every svn codebase we've got.

May be. I am just surprised, that mirroring from SVN to Git works.

Jochen

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Email] Using SVN, but Github mirror

Stefan Bodewig
On 2018-01-20, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 2:53 PM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> This is probably true for almost every svn codebase we've got.

> May be. I am just surprised, that mirroring from SVN to Git works.

IIRC we've ad github mirrors before git was offered as an option at the
ASF. I think first we had read-only git mirrors of svn repos at the ASF,
then github mirrors were created (which probably mirrored the git
mirrors), then git repos came in and by now it is even possible to use
github as the primary repo.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]