FTPFile check if path is absolute

Onder SEZGIN
Hi,

When i check;

https://github.com/apache/commons-net/blob/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTPFile.java

This class does not have such a method like .isAbsolute().

Is there a specific reason why we dont have such method?
Or do you have a suggested way to do such check?

Thanks
├ľnder

Re: FTPFile check if path is absolute

Bernd Eckenfels
VFS has no real/clear concept of relative file path (at least not for FileName or File objects). For some providers (like FTP) there are some hacks in regards to login directories. So yes maybe isAbsolute() can and should be implemented, however it is not clear how.

Do you have a specific usecase?

Gruss
Bernd

Gruss