[FileUpload] How to pass parameter along with the upload file in a multipart/form-data

[FileUpload] How to pass parameter along with the upload file in a multipart/form-data

Knezevic, Mihael
hi,

i got the uploading of a file running but now i want to pass some parameter
with it. what do i need to put in the html form and how do i get it from the
request object?

my html form:

<form  ENCTYPE='multipart/form-data' method='POST' frm='frmUploadCatalog'
action='CatalogManagement'>
 <input type='hidden' name='action' value='uploadCatalog'>

 Wählen Sie einen Katalog aus: <input type='file' name='catalog'>

 <input type='radio' name='type' value='file' checked> als einzelne Datei

 <input type='radio' name='type' value='jar'> als Archivdatei (mehrere
Dateien)

 <input type='submit' name='absenden' value='hochladen'>

</form>

i like to get the value of the input field with the name type (radio buttons)
but don't know how.

thanx in advance.

mk

Re: [FileUpload] How to pass parameter along with the upload file in a multipart/form-data

Dakota Jack
Well, we are talking a lot, Mihael.  You might take a look at a bunch
of code I wrote that uses commons upload that I tried to integrate
into Struts, but they wanted their own "proprietary" solution.  The
code is at http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpload?highlight=%28Upload%29
and this should answer these questions.

On 5/6/05, Mihael Knezevic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i got the uploading of a file running but now i want to pass some parameter
> with it. what do i need to put in the html form and how do i get it from the
> request object?
>
> my html form:
>
> <form  ENCTYPE='multipart/form-data' method='POST' frm='frmUploadCatalog'
> action='CatalogManagement'>
>  <input type='hidden' name='action' value='uploadCatalog'>

>  Wählen Sie einen Katalog aus: <input type='file' name='catalog'>

>  <input type='radio' name='type' value='file' checked> als einzelne Datei

>  <input type='radio' name='type' value='jar'> als Archivdatei (mehrere
> Dateien)

>  <input type='submit' name='absenden' value='hochladen'>
>
> </form>
>
> i like to get the value of the input field with the name type (radio buttons)
> but don't know how.
>
> thanx in advance.
>
> mk

~Dakota Jack~

Re: [FileUpload] How to pass parameter along with the upload file in a multipart/form-data

Martin Cooper
Take a look at the FileUpload user guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/using.html

and you'll see that all of the items - file items and non-file items -
are returned in the list from parseRequest(). You distinguish between
file items and non-file items using the isFormField() method.

--
Martin Cooper