[Fwd: [FILEUPLOAD] Remove deprecated API]

[Fwd: [FILEUPLOAD] Remove deprecated API]

jochen-2

Sorry, had sent this to ws-commons-dev ...

Hi,

we have had two releases of commons fileupload with deprecated
methods. As the required changes for replacing the deprecated with the
recommended API are rather small (basically replace FileUpload with
ServletFileUpload and the DefaultFileItemFactory with
DiskFileItemFactory), I'd consider that tolerable for the users. Would
anyone reject, if I removed the deprecated stuff for 1.2?

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)

Re: [Fwd: [FILEUPLOAD] Remove deprecated API]

Henri Yandell

Yep, I object :)

Our loose process is that we remove deprecateds in the next major
release; not a minor.

So if you choose to remove the deprecated API, you need to call it 2.0.

Hen

Henri Yandell wrote:

> Yep, I object :)

Rats! :-)

> Our loose process is that we remove deprecateds in the next major
> release; not a minor.
>
> So if you choose to remove the deprecated API, you need to call it 2.0.

Which is not what I would like to do. The beast hasn't changed that much.

Jochen