Fwd: RandomStringUtils and RandomStringGenerator

Fwd: RandomStringUtils and RandomStringGenerator

Amey Jadiye
I think we should keep that deprecated in lang and go with plan discussed
in below mail trail.

http://markmail.org/message/azxw4nai7fs2laas

Regards,
Amey

Re: Fwd: RandomStringUtils and RandomStringGenerator

Gilles Sadowski
Hi.

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 01:09:14 +0530, Amey Jadiye wrote:
> I think we should keep that deprecated in lang and go with plan
> discussed
> in below mail trail.
>
> http://markmail.org/message/azxw4nai7fs2laas

Sorry, I saw the issue as "resolved" (so that the "plan"
had changed).  Please reopen the JIRA issue if that's not
the case.
Maybe, you should also ask the OP to subscribe to this ML,
and to comment on the plan...

> Amey

Pascal Schumacher
The plan was either to un-deprecate the method in lang or add
RandomStringUtils  - with the current interface, but using
RandomStringGenerator - to text.

The first option is easily archived, while the second requires
significant effort. Also long implements the second option we stick to
the first option.

Cheers,
Pascal

Am 23.08.2017 um 21:39 schrieb Amey Jadiye:

> I think we should keep that deprecated in lang and go with plan discussed
> in below mail trail.
>
> http://markmail.org/message/azxw4nai7fs2laas
>
> Regards,
> Amey

I'm ok with quick fix to un-deprecate it in lang but 2nd option seems good
for long term. Its on my to-do list ,  I will see if I can do something on
that.

Regards,
Amey