Fwd: [csv] Slicing through CSVRecords

It sounds like you are looking for a JDBC driver for CSV files. I do not
think we want to build too much on top of CSV have it to start mimic SQL.

Gary

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 9:34 AM Siegfried Goeschl <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> somehow I’m working a lot with ad-hoc scripting and commons-csv  and it
> would be helpful to have additional functionality slicing through CSV
> records, e.g.
>
> * group CSVRecord by the value of column
> * get a list of distinct values from a column
>
> No rocket science but to avoid typing the same code over and over
>
> * has anyone implemented that already and I’m just unaware of it
> * if not - could this be a valuable contribution?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl

Re: [csv] Slicing through CSVRecords

Woonsan Ko-3
On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 12:10 AM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It sounds like you are looking for a JDBC driver for CSV files. I do not
> think we want to build too much on top of CSV have it to start mimic SQL.

FYI, Calcite might be interesting as it has something built-in for CSV via JDBC:
- https://calcite.apache.org/docs/tutorial.html
- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39318653/create-a-streaming-example-with-calcite-using-csv
  (this is a streaming example, but it shows how to use the generic
calcite jdbc driver with custom model definition for something like
CSV)

Regards,

Woonsan