[GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

Gump-2
To whom it may engage...
       
This is an automated request, but not an unsolicited one. For
more information please visit http://gump.apache.org/nagged.html,
and/or contact the folk at [hidden email].

Project commons-vfs2-test has an issue affecting its community integration.
This issue affects 1 projects,
 and has been outstanding for 20 runs.
The current state of this project is 'Failed', with reason 'Build Failed'.
For reference only, the following projects are affected by this:
    - commons-vfs2-test :  Apache Commons


Full details are available at:
    http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apache-commons/commons-vfs2-test/index.html

That said, some information snippets are provided here.

The following annotations (debug/informational/warning/error messages) were provided:
 -WARNING- Overriding Maven settings: [/srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs/gump_mvn_settings.xml]
 -DEBUG- (Apache Gump generated) Apache Maven Settings in: /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs/gump_mvn_settings.xml
 -INFO- Failed with reason build failed
 -DEBUG- Maven POM in: /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs/pom.xml
 -INFO- Project Reports in: /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs/core/target/surefire-reports



The following work was performed:
http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apache-commons/commons-vfs2-test/gump_work/build_apache-commons_commons-vfs2-test.html
Work Name: build_apache-commons_commons-vfs2-test (Type: Build)
Work ended in a state of : Failed
Elapsed: 3 mins 52 secs
Command Line: /opt/maven2/bin/mvn --batch-mode --settings /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs/gump_mvn_settings.xml package
[Working Directory: /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs]
M2_HOME: /opt/maven2
---------------------------------------------
Running org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.webdav.test.WebdavProviderTestCase
class org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.webdav.test.WebdavProviderTestCase is not configured for tests, skipping
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.003 sec
Running org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.local.test.LocalProviderTestCase
Tests run: 63, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.389 sec
Running org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.temp.test.TemporaryProviderTestCase
Tests run: 60, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.358 sec
Running org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileExtensionSelectorTest
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.005 sec

Results :

Tests in error:
  testManualCache(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderCacheStrategyTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testOnResolveCache(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderCacheStrategyTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testOnCallCache(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderCacheStrategyTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testFolderCreate(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testFileCreate(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testFileCreateMismatched(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testDelete(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testDeleteAllDescendents(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testCopySameFileSystem(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testCopyFromOverwriteSameFileSystem(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testCreateDeleteCreateSameFileSystem(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testListChildren(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testListener(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testWriteSameFileSystem(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testOverwriteSameFileSystem(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderWriteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testRenameFile(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderRenameTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testDeleteFiles(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderDeleteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testDeleteFile(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderDeleteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testDeleteNonExistantFile(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderDeleteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testDeleteAllFiles(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderDeleteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".
  testDeleteOneFiles(org.apache.commons.vfs2.test.ProviderDeleteTests): Could not find files in "sftp://testtest@localhost:45130/write-tests".

Tests run: 1177, Failures: 0, Errors: 21, Skipped: 0

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs/core/target/surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 50 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Nov 15 04:49:05 UTC 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 54M/130M
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

To subscribe to this information via syndicated feeds:
- RSS: http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apache-commons/commons-vfs2-test/rss.xml
- Atom: http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apache-commons/commons-vfs2-test/atom.xml

============================== Gump Tracking Only ===
Produced by Apache Gump(TM) version 2.3.
Gump Run 10000015112011, vmgump.apache.org:vmgump:10000015112011
Gump E-mail Identifier (unique within run) #29.

--
Apache Gump
http://gump.apache.org/ [Instance: vmgump]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

Stefan Bodewig
The Mina issue is resolved, tests now fail for a different reason.

See for example

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apache-commons/commons-vfs2-test/gump_file/org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.sftp.test.SftpProviderTestCase.txt.html

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

garydgregory
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Mina issue is resolved, tests now fail for a different reason.
>
> See for example
>
>
> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apache-commons/commons-vfs2-test/gump_file/org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.sftp.test.SftpProviderTestCase.txt.html
>
>
Well, that's better, one step closer, to look at this positively.

The tests pass locally (for me, does your mileage vary?)
The tests pass on Continuum
The tests fail on Gump.

The key error seems to be:

No such file: /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs/core/target/test-classes/test-data/write-tests/dir1/

Either the dir was not created on test set up, or it is not found by the
file system viewer I installed in the embedded test server.

But it seems to be looking in the right place. I suppose debugging Gump
remotely is as impossible as debugging Continuum remotely.

back to System.out.println? Can a Gump build be run on demand?

Ideas and help welcome!

Thank you,
Gary

Stefan
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>http://bit.ly/ECvg0
Spring Batch in Action: <http://s.apache.org/HOq>http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

Stefan Bodewig
On 2011-11-15, Gary Gregory wrote:

> Well, that's better, one step closer, to look at this positively.

> I suppose debugging Gump remotely is as impossible as debugging
> Continuum remotely.

Probably.

Before you invest more time into this let me try to build VFS2 on vmgump
but outside of Gump so we can differentiate between issues caused by the
environment and Gump-specific reasons.  It may take a few hours until I
find time to do so, though.

> Can a Gump build be run on demand?

No, it can't.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

garydgregory
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2011-11-15, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
> > Well, that's better, one step closer, to look at this positively.
>
> > I suppose debugging Gump remotely is as impossible as debugging
> > Continuum remotely.
>
> Probably.
>
> Before you invest more time into this let me try to build VFS2 on vmgump
> but outside of Gump so we can differentiate between issues caused by the
> environment and Gump-specific reasons.  It may take a few hours until I
> find time to do so, though.
>

That's quite all right. I'll get back to this later tonight as well.

Gary


>
> > Can a Gump build be run on demand?
>
> No, it can't.
>
> Stefan
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>http://bit.ly/ECvg0
Spring Batch in Action: <http://s.apache.org/HOq>http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

garydgregory
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> On 2011-11-15, Gary Gregory wrote:
>>
>> > Well, that's better, one step closer, to look at this positively.
>>
>> > I suppose debugging Gump remotely is as impossible as debugging
>> > Continuum remotely.
>>
>> Probably.
>>
>> Before you invest more time into this let me try to build VFS2 on vmgump
>> but outside of Gump so we can differentiate between issues caused by the
>> environment and Gump-specific reasons.  It may take a few hours until I
>> find time to do so, though.
>>
>
> That's quite all right. I'll get back to this later tonight as well.
>

Oh, and thank you for looking into this.

Gary


>
> Gary
>
>
>>
>> > Can a Gump build be run on demand?
>>
>> No, it can't.
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
> JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>http://bit.ly/ECvg0
> Spring Batch in Action: <http://s.apache.org/HOq>http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>



--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>http://bit.ly/ECvg0
Spring Batch in Action: <http://s.apache.org/HOq>http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

Ralph Goers
In reply to this post by garydgregory
Under core/src/test/resources you will find all the data that needs to be
pre-populated for the test runs. Only write-tests is there with a dummy.txt
file. The dir1 subdirectory is created by the tests. It seems odd to me
that the SftpProviderTestCase is pointing to the
target/test-classes/test-data directory.  That directory is used by the
"normal" file-based tests and I would think it could have stuff left in it
from those runs. That said, I ran mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip and
then mvn test -Dtest=SftpProviderTestCase and verified that it worked. It
did leave the dir1 and dir2 subdirectories after the run was finished.

Ralph

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > The Mina issue is resolved, tests now fail for a different reason.
> >
> > See for example
> >
> >
> >
> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apache-commons/commons-vfs2-test/gump_file/org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.sftp.test.SftpProviderTestCase.txt.html
> >
> >
> Well, that's better, one step closer, to look at this positively.
>
> The tests pass locally (for me, does your mileage vary?)
> The tests pass on Continuum
> The tests fail on Gump.
>
> The key error seems to be:
>
> No such file:
> /srv/gump/public/workspace/apache-commons/vfs/core/target/test-classes/test-data/write-tests/dir1/
>
> Either the dir was not created on test set up, or it is not found by the
> file system viewer I installed in the embedded test server.
>
> But it seems to be looking in the right place. I suppose debugging Gump
> remotely is as impossible as debugging Continuum remotely.
>
> back to System.out.println? Can a Gump build be run on demand?
>
> Ideas and help welcome!
>
> Thank you,
> Gary
>
> Stefan
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
> JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>http://bit.ly/ECvg0
> Spring Batch in Action: <http://s.apache.org/HOq>http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

Stefan Bodewig
In reply to this post by Stefan Bodewig
On 2011-11-15, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Before you invest more time into this let me try to build VFS2 on vmgump
> but outside of Gump so we can differentiate between issues caused by the
> environment and Gump-specific reasons.

All tests pass when I build VFS2 outside of Gump.  So it had to be one
of the dependencies.  I suspected JSch (as it was the SftpTestCase) and
in fact if I replace JSch in my local repository with the one used by
Gump (which is way older) the tests fail as well.

Since Gump doesn't build JSch at all (source tree is not public AFAIK)
there is no point in forcing Gump's version into other builds.  I'll
upgrade JSch for the Ant and Maven 1.x based builds that need it and
make sure VFS2 gets the version it needs from Maven Central.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

garydgregory
On Nov 16, 2011, at 3:08, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2011-11-15, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> Before you invest more time into this let me try to build VFS2 on vmgump
>> but outside of Gump so we can differentiate between issues caused by the
>> environment and Gump-specific reasons.
>
> All tests pass when I build VFS2 outside of Gump.  So it had to be one
> of the dependencies.  I suspected JSch (as it was the SftpTestCase) and
> in fact if I replace JSch in my local repository with the one used by
> Gump (which is way older) the tests fail as well.
>
> Since Gump doesn't build JSch at all (source tree is not public AFAIK)
> there is no point in forcing Gump's version into other builds.  I'll
> upgrade JSch for the Ant and Maven 1.x based builds that need it and
> make sure VFS2 gets the version it needs from Maven Central.
>
> Stefan

Nice detective work Stefan!

Gary

>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs2-test (in module apache-commons) failed

garydgregory
Looks like the Gump build is fixed!

Thank you Stefan!

Gary

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2011, at 3:08, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 2011-11-15, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >
> >> Before you invest more time into this let me try to build VFS2 on vmgump
> >> but outside of Gump so we can differentiate between issues caused by the
> >> environment and Gump-specific reasons.
> >
> > All tests pass when I build VFS2 outside of Gump.  So it had to be one
> > of the dependencies.  I suspected JSch (as it was the SftpTestCase) and
> > in fact if I replace JSch in my local repository with the one used by
> > Gump (which is way older) the tests fail as well.
> >
> > Since Gump doesn't build JSch at all (source tree is not public AFAIK)
> > there is no point in forcing Gump's version into other builds.  I'll
> > upgrade JSch for the Ant and Maven 1.x based builds that need it and
> > make sure VFS2 gets the version it needs from Maven Central.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> Nice detective work Stefan!
>
> Gary
>
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
>



--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>http://bit.ly/ECvg0
Spring Batch in Action: <http://s.apache.org/HOq>http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory