[Geometry] Coveralls stuck

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Geometry] Coveralls stuck

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hello.

Any idea why Coveralls does not pick up the latest build for "Commons Geometry"
    https://coveralls.io/github/apache/commons-geometry?branch=master
?
Coverage is quite good in fact:
    https://sonarcloud.io/dashboard?id=commons-geometry

Regards,
Gilles

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Geometry] Coveralls stuck

Alex Herbert

On 03/12/2019 14:59, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Any idea why Coveralls does not pick up the latest build for "Commons Geometry"
>      https://coveralls.io/github/apache/commons-geometry?branch=master
> ?
> Coverage is quite good in fact:
>      https://sonarcloud.io/dashboard?id=commons-geometry

The travis build [1] has this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eluder.coveralls:coveralls-maven-plugin:4.3.0:report (default-cli)
on project commons-geometry-parent: Processing of input or output data
failed: Unable to parse timestamp "2019-11-30 03:33:56+0000": For input
string: "2019-11-30 03:33:56+0000" -> [Help 1]

The config is the same as commons-rng for the travis profile. However
rng uses coveralls 3.1 (for JDK 6 support). Geometry uses the latest
version 4.3 so perhaps the properties for the timestamp are ignored in
3.1 and copying the config is incorrect.

This is the config in the travis profile:

           <plugin>
             <groupId>org.eluder.coveralls</groupId>
<artifactId>coveralls-maven-plugin</artifactId>
             <configuration>
<timestampFormat>${commons.coveralls.timestampFormat}</timestampFormat>
             </configuration>
           </plugin>

The property from parent:

<commons.coveralls.timestampFormat>EpochMillis</commons.coveralls.timestampFormat>

Does not match the input string for the timestamp. This is set here:

     <maven.buildNumber.timestampFormat>{0,date,yyyy-MM-dd
HH:mm:ssZ}</maven.buildNumber.timestampFormat>

This configures the buildnumber-maven-plugin [2] to create a timestamp
in that format and write it to the named property, by default this is
'timestamp'.

Coveralls uses the 'timestamp' property to get the timestamp.


I had a look locally by setting the property <dryRun>true</dryRun> in
the coveralls profile.

When I run:

mvn -X jacoco:report coveralls:report -P travis

For RNG I get no configuration for the timestampFormat output by
coveralls v3.1.

For Geometry the timestampFormat configuration is:

[DEBUG]   (f) timestampFormat = EpochMillis

So copying the RNG config is wrong as v3.1 did not have the property.


So either:

1. drop the configuration of <maven.buildNumber.timestampFormat> and
leave it to the default (which is EpochMillis)

2. update the coveralls config to drop the <timestampFormat>
configuration and it will revert to the default of yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'


I am going to try option 1.


[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-geometry/jobs/618828175

[2]
https://www.mojohaus.org/buildnumber-maven-plugin/create-timestamp-mojo.html

>
> Regards,
> Gilles
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Geometry] Coveralls stuck

Alex Herbert

On 03/12/2019 16:43, Alex Herbert wrote:
>
> ...
>
> I am going to try option 1.

Seems to be fixed now.

Alex



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Geometry] Coveralls stuck

Gilles Sadowski-2
Le mar. 3 déc. 2019 à 19:21, Alex Herbert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>
> On 03/12/2019 16:43, Alex Herbert wrote:
> >
> > ...
> >
> > I am going to try option 1.
>
> Seems to be fixed now.

Thanks!

Gilles

>
> Alex
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Geometry] Coveralls stuck

Alex Herbert

On 03/12/2019 18:25, Gilles Sadowski wrote:

> Le mar. 3 déc. 2019 à 19:21, Alex Herbert <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> On 03/12/2019 16:43, Alex Herbert wrote:
>>> ...
>>>
>>> I am going to try option 1.
>> Seems to be fixed now.
> Thanks!
>
> Gilles

The same config fix may be needed in statistics and numbers. I'll check
those later.

Alex

>
>> Alex
>>
>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]