[Geometry] Towards a release?

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hello.

Are there blocking issues?
Would i be useful to release a "beta" version?

Re: [Geometry] Towards a release?

Matt Juntunen
I just added a number of new issues to JIRA. The ones that I would consider required for a 1.0 release are:

-GEOMETRY-67 - OutlineExtractor
-GEOMETRY-68 - Raycast/Linecast API
-GEOMETRY-69 - BSPTreeVisitor stop visit
-GEOMETRY-72 - Boundary API
-GEOMETRY-77 - BoundsXD classes
-GEOMETRY-73 - Create User Guide

-Matt
________________________________
Would i be useful to release a "beta" version?

Re: [Geometry] Towards a release?

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hi Matt.

Le mar. 3 déc. 2019 à 18:37, Matt Juntunen <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I just added a number of new issues to JIRA. The ones that I would consider required for a 1.0 release are:
>
> -GEOMETRY-67 - OutlineExtractor
> -GEOMETRY-68 - Raycast/Linecast API
> -GEOMETRY-69 - BSPTreeVisitor stop visit
> -GEOMETRY-72 - Boundary API
> -GEOMETRY-77 - BoundsXD classes
> -GEOMETRY-73 - Create User Guide

Nice list!
But which tasks would be indispensable for a 0.1 (beta) release?
Indeed, I wonder whether we should try and attract some attention (through
an official release) so that we can get all the possible collective
help in order
to be confident that the API is universally (!) useful.

Best regards,
Gilles

> -Matt

Gilles,
I definitely agree that getting a beta release out there would be good in order to gain attention and get input from more users on the API. I don't think any of those issues I listed would be indispensable to such a release. However, it might be a good idea to 1) remove GeometryException like you've been suggesting and 2) have at least a minimal user guide in place. I can make the user guide my next focus.

-Matt