HttpClient : Sending Multipart request from applet

HttpClient : Sending Multipart request from applet

shiv shankar
Hello all,

I need help on the httpclient . I have used this api
in a JFrame and sending mutipart request to servlet,
which is doing a fine job of uploading the the file.

But when the same is done using applet, it is gving me

java.Security.AccessConlroleException.

The problem come when it process a statement

PostMethod pMethod = new PostMethod(url);

The following is a small program.Which I tred to
execute and giving me
lava.security.AccesscontroleException EVEN AFTER
SIGNING THE APPLET

import java.io.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.applet.*;

import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpStatus;
import
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod;
import
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.multipart.FilePart;
import
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.multipart.MultipartRequestEntity;
import
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.multipart.Part;
import
org.apache.commons.httpclient.params.HttpMethodParams;

public class FileStreamApplet extends Applet {

        public void init() {

                try {

                         String targetURL =
"http://localhost:8080/echo/echo";
                          PostMethod filePost = new PostMethod(targetURL);

                        System.out.println("Hello from FileStream Applet");
                        Label l1 = new Label("Write into file using
applet");
                        this.add(l1);
                        OutputStream oc = new
FileOutputStream("c:/shiv/filewrite.txt");
                        oc.write("Welcome to eriting a applet".getBytes());
                        oc.close();
                        Label l = new Label("Write into file using
applet");
                        this.add(l);

                }
                catch(Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();

RE: HttpClient : Sending Multipart request from applet

Kedar Panse
OutputStream oc = new FileOutputStream("c:/shiv/filewrite.txt");
You may need to add this file in to acl for reading

http://java.sun.com/sfaq/#read

Kedar

RE: HttpClient : Sending Multipart request from applet

shiv shankar
Hello Kedar,

Let me put in this way, Below is a applet where I have
given the statemnt

PostMethod pMethod = new PostMethod(targetUrl);

public class FileStreamApplet extends Applet {

        public void init() {

                try {

                         String targetURL =
"http://localhost:8080/echo/echo";
                          PostMethod filePost = new PostMethod(targetURL);
                }
                catch(Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();

I have complied and signed this applet , It is giving
me the following exception

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.<clinit>(HttpMethodBase.java:102)
        at FileStreamApplet.init(FileStreamApplet.java:21)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.HashtableImpl
read)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.createFactoryStore(LogFactory.java:320)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:1725)
        ... 4 more

I have taken out the OutputStream stuff.

R.Shiv Shankar

--- Kedar Panse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OutputStream oc = new
> FileOutputStream("c:/shiv/filewrite.txt");
> You may need to add this file in to acl for reading
>
> http://java.sun.com/sfaq/#read
>

> Kedar

I assume this is the only code and no logging enabled?  From trace it looks
like its trying to log somewhere and don't have access. But I may be wrong

)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:1725)
        ... 4 more

I have taken out the OutputStream stuff.

R.Shiv Shankar

--- Kedar Panse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OutputStream oc = new
> FileOutputStream("c:/shiv/filewrite.txt");
> You may need to add this file in to acl for reading
>
> http://java.sun.com/sfaq/#read
>

> Kedar

Tahir Akhtar H.
It looks like Access control exception occurs when HTTPClient tries to open
a local file for logging. Try to confirm by disabling the logging.

Let me put in this way, Below is a applet where I have
given the statemnt

PostMethod pMethod = new PostMethod(targetUrl);

public class FileStreamApplet extends Applet {

        public void init() {

                try {

                         String targetURL =
"http://localhost:8080/echo/echo";
                          PostMethod filePost = new
PostMethod(targetURL);
                }
                catch(Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();

I have complied and signed this applet , It is giving
me the following exception

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.<clinit>(HttpMethodBase.java:10
2)
        at FileStreamApplet.init(FileStreamApplet.java:21)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.HashtableImpl
read)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.createFactoryStore(LogFactory.java:320
)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:1725)
        ... 4 more

I have taken out the OutputStream stuff.

R.Shiv Shankar

--- Kedar Panse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OutputStream oc = new
> FileOutputStream("c:/shiv/filewrite.txt");
> You may need to add this file in to acl for reading
>
> http://java.sun.com/sfaq/#read
>

> Kedar

Hello  Tahir,

can u tell me how can I disable the logging.

Can u also tell me how can I implement java security
manager in this case.

R.Shiv Shankar