JCS : element expires sooner than configured

JCS : element expires sooner than configured

Sahib Bin Mahboob Ron
Hi,

I am trying to configure a JCS using the following configuration:

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION

jcs.default=
jcs.default.cacheattributes=
    org.apache.commons.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=
    org.apache.commons.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.commons.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLife=300
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=false

While it is expected to expire the item in 300 seconds as per MaxLife
configuration, it does not work properly in following steps:

1. Putting a key "aKey" for the first time in cache: It works perfectly.
2. "aKey" expires after 300 seconds.
3. Put "aKey" again on the cache.
4. It expires immediately.

Am I missing any configuration or this is the way it should behave?

- Sahib

Re: JCS : element expires sooner than configured

Thomas Vandahl
Ouch, that hurt. I'm sorry, this is a problem with ElementAttributes.clone() not updating createTime. I fixed it in trunk. Could you try if it works for you?

Bye, Thomas

-- tv