Jsvc "Service killed by signal 11"

Andrea Lo Pumo
Jsvc is working fine on my machine and on other machines, however on a
particular one, it is not working.

In the logs I get "Service killed by signal 11".

I am using a simple daemon for tests (here attached). I compiled it
with javac -cp /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar MyDaemon.java. Jsvc
is installed on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with apt-get and it is version
1.0.15-dev.

When I run it in the logs I only get "Service killed by signal 11". I am using
/usr/bin/jsvc -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/ -cp
/usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar:$PWD/ -user myuser -pidfile
/tmp/mydaemon.pid -outfile /tmp/test.out.log -errfile '&1'  MyDaemon
-one -two

Starting it with -debug, I get no much more (here attached debug.txt).

I cannot stop it with -stop and I have to kill -9 it.

What should I do?
Do you have any idea?

Thanks!

debug.txt (1K) Download Attachment
MyDaemon.java (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Jsvc "Service killed by signal 11"

Andrea Lo Pumo
I debugged with gdb and found that the child process goes in
segmentation fault in src/native/unix/native/java.c line 307 java_init
function.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-365?focusedCommentId=16059314&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16059314

Any help is appreciated.

> Jsvc is working fine on my machine and on other machines, however on a
> particular one, it is not working.
>
> In the logs I get "Service killed by signal 11".
>
> I am using a simple daemon for tests (here attached). I compiled it
> with javac -cp /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar MyDaemon.java. Jsvc
> is installed on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with apt-get and it is version
> 1.0.15-dev.
>
> When I run it in the logs I only get "Service killed by signal 11". I am using
> /usr/bin/jsvc -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/ -cp
> /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar:$PWD/ -user myuser -pidfile
> /tmp/mydaemon.pid -outfile /tmp/test.out.log -errfile '&1'  MyDaemon
> -one -two
>
> Starting it with -debug, I get no much more (here attached debug.txt).
>
> I cannot stop it with -stop and I have to kill -9 it.
>
> What should I do?
> Do you have any idea?
>
> Thanks!

Re: Jsvc "Service killed by signal 11"

Mark Thomas
On 22/06/17 14:33, Andrea Lo Pumo wrote:
> I debugged with gdb and found that the child process goes in
> segmentation fault in src/native/unix/native/java.c line 307 java_init
> function.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-365?focusedCommentId=16059314&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16059314
>

> Any help is appreciated.

It appears to be an issue with a recent kernel update. Increasing the
stack size slightly appears to work-around it.

Useful background linked from this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-365

Mark