[LANG] Next release

I’m going to start work on the next [lang] release tonight. If there is anything you would like to add, please do it now. If you want to help me with the release process, please review the various project reports and make sure they look good. Most importantly make sure RAT is clean and Clirr does not show breaking changes.

Thank you!

Re: [LANG] Next release

Pascal Schumacher
Hello Benedikt,

great news! :)

The reports should be fine/green.

Cheers,
Pascal

Am 13. März 2017 10:22:43 MEZ schrieb Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>:

>Hello,
>
>I’m going to start work on the next [lang] release tonight. If there is
>anything you would like to add, please do it now. If you want to help
>me with the release process, please review the various project reports
>and make sure they look good. Most importantly make sure RAT is clean
>and Clirr does not show breaking changes.
>
>Thank you!
>Benedikt

Re: [LANG] Next release

Rob Tompkins-2

> On Mar 13, 2017, at 5:22 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I’m going to start work on the next [lang] release tonight. If there is anything you would like to add, please do it now. If you want to help me with the release process, please review the various project reports and make sure they look good. Most importantly make sure RAT is clean and Clirr does not show breaking changes.

I might try to get in LANG-1300 today. We’re trying to decide if we want “lastIndexOf” and “indexOf” to return the preceding number of “code points” or “code units.” The javadoc states, "Finds the first index within a CharSequence, handling null,” seemingly implying that we should return the number of “code units” up to and including the matched character of that which was supplied.

Thoughts?

-Rob

> Thank you!
> Benedikt

Re: [LANG] Next release

> Am 13.03.2017 um 12:54 schrieb Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]>:
>

>> On Mar 13, 2017, at 5:22 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I’m going to start work on the next [lang] release tonight. If there is anything you would like to add, please do it now. If you want to help me with the release process, please review the various project reports and make sure they look good. Most importantly make sure RAT is clean and Clirr does not show breaking changes.
>
> I might try to get in LANG-1300 today. We’re trying to decide if we want “lastIndexOf” and “indexOf” to return the preceding number of “code points” or “code units.” The javadoc states, "Finds the first index within a CharSequence, handling null,” seemingly implying that we should return the number of “code units” up to and including the matched character of that which was supplied.
>
> Thoughts?

To be honest, Text processing is not my area of expertise :-) I’m not even sure I know the difference between "code point“ and „code unit“…

Benedikt

> -Rob
>

>> Thank you!
>> Benedikt

Re: [LANG] Next release

Allon Mureinik
The recent commits 0ba25aa, 4fb393b and 15dcb42 buffed up the CI so several
of these reports (javadoc, checkstyle, rat) are checked per commit, so
reviewing the reports should be easier than previous verisons.

If the project's maintainers can review it, I'd like to get PR #257 in
before the release.
It isn't critical, but it completes the work started in PR #254, and it
would be nice to have it included so that the next version can have a clean
start wrt checkstyle verification.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m going to start work on the next [lang] release tonight. If there is
> anything you would like to add, please do it now. If you want to help me
> with the release process, please review the various project reports and
> make sure they look good. Most importantly make sure RAT is clean and Clirr
> does not show breaking changes.
>
> Thank you!
> Benedikt

Re: [LANG] Next release

> Am 13.03.2017 um 10:22 schrieb Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I’m going to start work on the next [lang] release tonight. If there is anything you would like to add, please do it now. If you want to help me with the release process, please review the various project reports and make sure they look good. Most importantly make sure RAT is clean and Clirr does not show breaking changes.

Sorry, I got caught up in other things this week. Hope to find some time soon to prepare an RC.

Benedikt