[LANG] Various utility methods dealing with proxies

[LANG] Various utility methods dealing with proxies

Yasser Zamani
Hi there,

I recently had an accepted merged contribution at [1] which I prefer to
remove it to Apache Commons Lang as it is common between developers.

What do you think? thank you!

[1]
https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/opensymphony/xwork2/util/ProxyUtil.java

Re: [LANG][PROXY] Various utility methods dealing with proxies

Amey Jadiye
+1 good idea! rather lang how about to move it to commons proxy[2] ? ATM it
have jdk, cglib, javassist, asm4 modules we can have one more for  spring
as well. thoughts ?

Regards,
Amey

[2] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-proxy/

On Wed, May 24, 2017, 2:41 PM Yasser Zamani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I recently had an accepted merged contribution at [1] which I prefer to
> remove it to Apache Commons Lang as it is common between developers.
>
> What do you think? thank you!
>
> [1]
>
> https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/opensymphony/xwork2/util/ProxyUtil.java

Re: [LANG][PROXY] Various utility methods dealing with proxies

Yasser Zamani
Thanks a lot! I was not aware about Apache Commons Proxy. However my
proposal is not about creating proxies , but, yes I think there is a
better place, thanks again.

On 5/24/2017 1:57 PM, Amey Jadiye wrote:

> +1 good idea! rather lang how about to move it to commons proxy[2] ? ATM it
> have jdk, cglib, javassist, asm4 modules we can have one more for  spring
> as well. thoughts ?
>
> Regards,
> Amey
>
> [2] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-proxy/
>

> On Wed, May 24, 2017, 2:41 PM Yasser Zamani <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I recently had an accepted merged contribution at [1] which I prefer to
>> remove it to Apache Commons Lang as it is common between developers.
>>
>> What do you think? thank you!
>>
>> [1]
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/opensymphony/xwork2/util/ProxyUtil.java

Re: [LANG][PROXY] Various utility methods dealing with proxies

Yasser Zamani
Hi again Amey,

I reviewed commons proxy and found out it's last release is too old for
2008. Also it seems it's not popular; well known indexing sites like [1]
just has indexed it's core module rather than other modules like
javaassist and etc. (Did you mean I add my proposal as a new module
named spring ? )

So, I was not sure how to continue. thoughts ?

Sincerely Yours,
Yasser.

On 5/24/2017 3:05 PM, Yasser Zamani wrote:

> Thanks a lot! I was not aware about Apache Commons Proxy. However my
> proposal is not about creating proxies , but, yes I think there is a
> better place, thanks again.
>
> On 5/24/2017 1:57 PM, Amey Jadiye wrote:
>> +1 good idea! rather lang how about to move it to commons proxy[2] ?
>> ATM it
>> have jdk, cglib, javassist, asm4 modules we can have one more for  spring
>> as well. thoughts ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Amey
>>
>> [2] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-proxy/
>>

>> On Wed, May 24, 2017, 2:41 PM Yasser Zamani <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I recently had an accepted merged contribution at [1] which I prefer to
>>> remove it to Apache Commons Lang as it is common between developers.
>>>
>>> What do you think? thank you!
>>>
>>> [1]
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/opensymphony/xwork2/util/ProxyUtil.java

Re: [LANG][PROXY] Various utility methods dealing with proxies

Amey Jadiye
Hi Yasser,

Yes its on very low activity and last stable release was in 2008 but it's
not dead as serviving in Commons proper and btw proxy2 is on the way not
sure about release.

Reviewed your code [1], seems very minimal implementation around spring aop
and bit inclined towards cglib as well , I think this can be accommodated
in core package for now if proxy developers[2] and PMC thinks different sub
modules its possible  to create one for spring but ATM creating whole new
module seems difficult for maintenance to me.

Gary, Benedikt can put more insights here.

Regards,
Amey

https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/opensymphony/xwork2/util/ProxyUtil.java

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-proxy/team-list.html