[LANG] should download page link to 2.6?

[LANG] should download page link to 2.6?

sebb-2-2
I think the LANG download page should probably still link to the
latest 2.x version.

It's still on the mirrors, so it's just a question of updating the
download page.

OK?

Re: [LANG] should download page link to 2.6?

garydgregory
Seems like a sound choice, given how much software still relies on 2.x.

Gary

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 7:57 AM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the LANG download page should probably still link to the
> latest 2.x version.
>
> It's still on the mirrors, so it's just a question of updating the
> download page.
>
> OK?

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [LANG] should download page link to 2.6?

sebb-2-2
Turns out to be quite tricky to do.

commons:download-page uses commons.componentid=lang3 to name the
dowload page and also to name the archives.

This can be overridden for the 2.6 release by defining
<commons.release.2.name>commons-lang-${commons.release.2.version}</commons.release.2.name>

The generated download page name can be changed by running the plugin
as follows:

mvn commons:download-page -Dcommons.componentid=lang

The alternative is to rename the download page files to
download_lang3.* and update the site.xml.

There probably needs to be a better solution for multi-version
multi-component-id downloads.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:02 AM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Turns out to be quite tricky to do.
>
> commons:download-page uses commons.componentid=lang3 to name the
> dowload page and also to name the archives.
>
> This can be overridden for the 2.6 release by defining
> <commons.release.2.name>commons-lang-${commons.release.2.version}</
> commons.release.2.name>
>
> The generated download page name can be changed by running the plugin
> as follows:
>
> mvn commons:download-page -Dcommons.componentid=lang
>
> The alternative is to rename the download page files to
> download_lang3.* and update the site.xml.
>
> There probably needs to be a better solution for multi-version
> multi-component-id downloads.

Yikes!

Similar to my desire to have an automated way to to have the site hold
Javadocs for all versions (or selected versions) of a component.

Gary