Looking for more to reed

German Sibay
Hello! I´m using commons in my organization and I´m preparing a course about Collections mostly but an introduction to Functors and others.
The API is quite good, but I´m looking for reviews like this
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/12/22/jakarta-gems-1.html?page=last

I´m reading Jakarta Commons Cookbook (nice book!) too.
So if any of you have any suggestion I´ll be glad to hear (read).
Thanks a lot.

One more thing: There was one question to this list a few weeks ago. It was about the difference between using JXPath and Collections or Functors for filtering and so. Performance and so?.

Thanks again!

Germán Sibay.

RE: Looking for more to reed

sabernar
I was the one who asked about the difference between JXPath and Functors for filtering, but I never got an answer.

-Shawn

RE: Looking for more to reed

robert burrell donkin
the simplest answer is that their nature are very different (JXPath does
XPath over java bean; the functors in collections are an expression of a
mathematical concept) though they can both be used to perform similar
functions (filtering a list).

but you probably knew that already.

for a better answer, i recommend that you clarify your question and to
prefix [jxpath] and [collections] to your subject.

- robert